DattoSSS

This is just not entertaining. Dev's please read.

4 minutes ago, Rellom said:

The game has already taken a severe blow and continues to decline, there will be no one left by the time it is playable.

You can look into the future? That’s amazing. As far as I’m going I’ll just stick to experiencing the game and see where it goes. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Realist said:

Don’t worry, I am neither a “git gud” person, nor a “stop being salty” person, and I am most definitely not a early access excuse giver. 

I am however someone that it going to tell you that you bought a wildcard game and you should have known better than to do that in the first place.

you being with ark since the beginning, you don’t have to git gud or stop being salty, but you do have to deal with it. You chose to buy a wildcard product so you are at fault for the level of enjoyment you are currently experiencing. Lesson learned. Time to deal with it

I don't disagree with you.  The 2 dimensional communication of forums makes things look bigger than they are.  I have dealt with it, in fact it is no big issue, but I have a right as a consumer to voice my disappointment that all the learning from Ark has not been applied to this prior to EA release.  At the end of the day I really don't care as it is only a computer game, but deep down I would have liked to have seen it to be a more positive release.  It still only has 28% positive reviews on Steam, it could have been so much better.

Oh yeah dude. You definitely have the right to voice your opinion and I apologize if it seemed like I was trying to silence you. That was not my intention. It was just a hardcore truth bomb.

i am sorry that you were hopeful for the game though. You must be disappointed. Me on the other hand, I knew exactly what was going to happen from the start when they “accidentally” leaked the trailer months ago.

this company is pathetic and will never change. That is the bottom line. 

Now I just feel sorry for the “hopeful” smh

10 hours ago, Rellom said:

The game has already taken a severe blow and continues to decline, there will be no one left by the time it is playable.

This is what you can read on every forum, for every game.
About 100% of those games still exist.

1 hour ago, DattoSSS said:

I don't disagree with you.  The 2 dimensional communication of forums makes things look bigger than they are.  I have dealt with it, in fact it is no big issue, but I have a right as a consumer to voice my disappointment that all the learning from Ark has not been applied to this prior to EA release.  At the end of the day I really don't care as it is only a computer game, but deep down I would have liked to have seen it to be a more positive release.  It still only has 28% positive reviews on Steam, it could have been so much better.

Oh, yes, you have your voice as a customer. The same right that all other players have. The bad news about that: They are as important as you are. Theres no way any dev/company/publisher/programmer could consider the experience, suggestions or dreams of all their customers.
To whose voice should they react, when theres 100k+ players? What makes your voice so special, that they should listen to you, and just you?

13 hours ago, DattoSSS said:

You are welcome to pay good money for an EA game that carries the sins of the father if you want, but it is the time loss I don't like as my time is valuable, and re-visiting bugs that have already been sorted in a prior development of the same code is a waste.

From time to time, i really miss the decade where you bought a full price title, and had to buy some pc magazine with an included CD to get a patch. Your time is valuable? Mine is valuable, too. I paid 20 Euros for this game. Thats literally nothing. I waste more money for magazines each week. I waste more money monthly on subscriptions. I bought a game for 20 Euros which is in EA state. So i knew what i would get: a hell of bugs. I knews that i was about to face glitches, unbalanced gameplay, broken mechanics. And i knew it before i bought the game.
With the purchase, i agreed to waste my valuable time. I am pretty sure there will be a server wipe on final release, so all my work is gone. I will be in the situation to have wasted several hundred hours of my valuable time, while all my effort will be gone. Its my decision, and i decided to do so. You did the same thing.

Its easy to complain that the game could have been better, even on EA release. And yes, it surely could have been. But since its not an 1 to 1 copy from Ark, its too easy to complain, to be honest. The different setting attracts other players, that wouldnt even have touched Ark. Im pretty sure theres loads of players that got attracted by the possibility to be a little Jack Sparrow. The 100+ rafts named "Black Pearl" in different variations i encountered the first day dont lie. Another setting needs another balanced, so its not as easy as it seems - you cant just copy the mechanics from Ark.

To have an example: Pretty popular title, Fifa. The game exists since 1993. The basic mechanics are still the same. The title just evolved through the years, and got slightly changed from year to year. But every year, theres new bugs, new problems. And in that case, they really copy the majority of the game from the last years release, and still encounter problems and bad reviews.

The steam reviews for Atlas could have been better, for sure. When a mate convinced me to look into Atlas, i read loads of reviews. And i still think most of them are just crap. The majority just didnt get the fact that they didnt purchase a fully working product - but they expected it. The game is "shitty, full of bugs!"? You dont say?! "servers are totally unstable blablarantrant!" Really? The devs couldnt stress test them with such an amount of internal testers to match the numbers of the players? Wow...
I was laughing so hard about such reviews.
I really dont count on reviews, tbh. Let me explain you, why, so you will get my point: On the total war series, theres was a huge amount of players giving bad reviews. Not because the latest game was bad. Just because the devs implemented FEMALE generals, and players couldnt deal with that. So they tried to spam bad reviews. Y´know what i mean? Players arent the "voice of the community" anymore, not a trusted source of reviews. Over the years, they became a bunch of "special snowflakes". And every single snowflake thinks it is the most important one. Shinier and better than all of the other snowflakes.

Be glad you´re not such a snowflake.
But be sure, your thread gives food to them, since they dont understand what you wrote. They just read that it is something negative about the game.