uaf

Claim stealing and Island resources not respawning

The PVE clam stealing should be fixed ASAP. We don't even dare leaving main base without at least 1 person sleeping inside the base because of the crap trollers that try to steal the claim with the whole base on it. On PVE this is horrible to even think of. Somebody being able to steal all you worked for in 30 mins.

Also, as another bug, on the island where we are, resources are no longer spawning (trees, rocks, etc). This started happening about 2 days ago. It was fine until then. We now have a large island with no trees on it that won't even respawn. There are 10 people on this island playing (more or less) that might keep the area rendered, so this should be fixed by NOT ALLOWING online chars to prevent resource spawning.

• Like 1

REPLACE YOUR OLD FLAGS WITH NEW ONES FOR THE 3 DAY TIMER TO WORK PROPERLY 

THE CHANGES THEY MAKE ARE NOT APPLIED RETOACTIVLY

Edited by UDO

Replacing doesn't help, you still have same timer on them even if you are active inside them. Bug is still there

• Like 1

We've also noticed that resources stopped respawning.  Its very barren on our island, as we just finished building a sloop last night, and almost nothing came back in/near our claim today.

Edited by Misnik

No resources for the last 20+ hours.....   And we get a farming bonus! Is this some kind of cruel experiment? 

resources not spawning could be tied to a lighthouse or bouy. they apparently had a STUPID huge range for blocking respawns like a lighthouse can block an entire island or so I have seen.

bouy is stopping resources to respawn. I can see it firsthand on the trees near the shores and no stone nodes respawning on shore.

I can't replace our flag at our last remaining claim because the area is so boxed in by Chinese guild claim flag spam, we're basically fucked.

Edited by Derakarsis

The 3 day protection simply doesnt work on some claims, even after replacing them after the changes went through.  Couple with a some additional exploits, people are able to steal claims right out from under you unless you are online nonstop to contest.  Forget about sailing away and exploring because they will steal your claim then.  

Even sleeping in the claim doesnt help as players have found ways to destroy your buildings and kill you even on PVE servers.  Under no circumstance should other players be able to destroy your buildings and kill your sleeping players on a PVE server.  It is ridiculous.  I want to know when these bugs and exploits will be acknowledges and addressed.

southseaslavers.png

bojack cheater.png

3 minutes ago, Derakarsis said:

I can't replace our flag at our last remaining claim because the area is so boxed in by Chinese guild claim flag spam, we're basically fucked.

This too, the fact that water claims are like 3x the size of a land claim, and can for some reason completely overlap and envelop your territory, replacing the flag isnt even an option sometimes.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On NA Hydra's Den PvE none of the resources have yet to respawn anywhere on our side of Oxwater Island at J12.

Not since our arrival a week ago.
We replaced all 6 of our flags... twice. Each time it was done by a different admin to insure that the player wasn't bugged.
We had 5 buoys, but could only remove 2... because the other 3 cannot be removed. The signs on each buoy registers as being the property of our company, but the main part of the buoy registers to a company that we were allied with... no idea how THAT bug happened. They didn't have a flag anywhere near the area, ever. A third party encroached on our flag in the water, and it was bugged and took us all week to finally be able to take the spot back and destroy the flag. So this mechanic is thoroughly borked. 
Add the crazy high predator density and respawn rate, along with the crazy frequency of Ghost Ships leaving us stranded save for rafts, the ever constant thieves attempting to boldly steal from our camp by shadowing us and attempting to enter buildings, and there is more frustration than joy in what was supposed to be a PvE game.
These issues are no minor bug, they are making it very difficult to be interested in playing the game at this point, because there is little enjoyment in returning to a camp that is totally denuded, forcing our dozen or so members to venture ever further in search of materials. Constant checking to see what has been stolen from unlockable inventories or claimed through bug exploitation gets old. It is even difficult as all hell to SEE the floating name and company of thieving players that run around through our camp checking all the doors for entrance in broad daylight with our members standing right there. We can see OUR tags, but a moving strangers is extremely hard. That is just absurd.
Please Grapeshot, at least admit these issues and assure us that you are working to correct them as quick as possible.
This is YOUR game forum... get someone in here to read and respond to your audience in a timely fashion and pin this interaction to the front of the forum so we can see.
Your PR is lacking, and I say that as an older gamer (born in '62) and a guy that spent years running a business and dealing with customers. This isn't how you do it.
If you are mostly interacting with players via Twitter or Discord you are doing it wrong... the forums are the main place players are seeking input and answers. I huge portion of your base don't even have accounts for these social media venues. Mirror the important stuff from those places HERE at the forums front and center. COMMUNICATE.

Note: Just the opinion of an old tech that has dabbled a bit in code as well as hosted game servers on my own hardware for many years... this game has a problem with corrupt data. When a shipyard and boat being built in it belong to one company, yet the scaffolding that connects the ship to the shipyard shows as the property of another company... something is amiss.

Edited by Orv Williams

To focus mostly on network stuff is fine and good, but there is this pretty much gamebreaking issue as stated above. I did test it on my own house and all that was needed was an elite animal and my walls fell within 10 minutes. Not to mention the hammer killing on PVE servers. This is more then enough to justify a complete PVE server wipe imo. I really hope the flag limitation is gonna happen soon including a servers wipe.

EU PVE B9 no resource respawn too, and WildCard need to really add a limite to placing claim 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, UDO said:

REPLACE YOUR OLD FLAGS WITH NEW ONES FOR THE 3 DAY TIMER TO WORK PROPERLY 

THE CHANGES THEY MAKE ARE NOT APPLIED RETOACTIVLY

I don't know where this rumor started but it screws a lot of people over as they cant replace their land claim flags. Also all the land is heavily contested so we are supposed to wait until the middle of the night and hope no one notices us declaiming our land ? I've also seen new flags get declaimed in a lot less than 3 days recently.

• Like 1

There are so many false claims out there, as well.  someone will put up half a dozen claims on an island and never come back and you can't take an empty area because it's not counting down.  Everyone should only be able to drop a single claim.

We replaced all of our flags in our territory and this morning we logged in to find someone had stolen one of ours which we'd replaced since the update. I dunno what we can say or do about it now, the claim system seems to be fundamentally broken. And no, I'm not just griping that we missed one, I KNOW it was replaced since then, because we took the land from a mega-guild that'd dumped a bunch of flags on the island and moved on, and not refreshed it themselves.

Between the ships of the damned camping the sea, repair hammer warfare, overloading ships in port and ability to steal your land based assets, the game has about as much permanency as World's Adrift, which was ultimately killed by it's rogue-like nature; whereby you'd basically lose everything on a weekly basis and have to start over.

Edited by RyuujinZERO

I wonder how they get the repair hammer exploit to work for them, I thought I glitched the game when I got stuck in a Sloop's lower deck that wasn't mine and tried to wear myself out and spamming all keys then I noticed the repair hammer did PVP damage. So basically this whole extra resources until Jan 1st is a little bit of candy of us to be silent and enjoy the never ending grind to complete a big boat to sail out and either be obliterated by ghostships, whales, tornados, and if we manage to survive all that u arrive at another island that is completely claimed yet to venture off into the sea where you have to test your luck again and hope the next island isn't claimed but ... it is.

To read that there are people in PVE actually out to do just this and screw people over is even more frustrating, I know it's Early Access and we are testing this while we play in a way but this isn't gonna stay enjoyable if these problems aren't addressed or even aknowledged to start with.

Really wish they would wipe all buoys and lighthouses until they are fixed.  We have a bugged buoy blocking resources around our claim and we can’t destroy it.

On 12/30/2018 at 6:17 AM, Bisbois said:

I don't know where this rumor started but it screws a lot of people over as they cant replace their land claim flags. Also all the land is heavily contested so we are supposed to wait until the middle of the night and hope no one notices us declaiming our land ? I've also seen new flags get declaimed in a lot less than 3 days recently.

It definitely does work. I re-placed mine late last night, after someone kept contesting my claim. After doing so, no one can contest it anymore because the upkeep timer shows up.

6 hours ago, Zarine said:

It definitely does work. I re-placed mine late last night, after someone kept contesting my claim. After doing so, no one can contest it anymore because the upkeep timer shows up.

My company cant replace any of our flags due to overlapping, so we sadly lost land because of that, as they placed flags in the water to take a massive chunk of a small island, think they managed to take out like 4 of our flags. Now im forced to log out in a 2x2 hut so they cant claim closer to our main buildings and ships

6 hours ago, Zarine said:

We've replaced all our flags, idiots next door have not, we're losing so much land. It doesnt matter that our flags are new, we're still losing the land. It definately doesnt work.

Edited by Gloomshade

47 minutes ago, Gloomshade said:

We've replaced all our flags, idiots next door have not, we're losing so much land. It doesnt matter that our flags are new, we're still losing the land. It definately doesnt work.

they might try to steal it using exploits, so expect to probs lose it

I think the diminishing returns on claim flags should be a thing. Claim all you want, but the more you claim, the less protection time you have on that flag. Could even add in making the size of the claim area smaller with each new flag. Eventually, anyone will hit a point where it's just not possible to maintain the timers on the flags and will be forced to stop or the size of the claim would be pointlessly small.

16 hours ago, Zarine said:

So replacing Flags every 3 Days....?

Thats impossible if your surronded by Flags....

On 12/29/2018 at 12:17 PM, uaf said:

The PVE clam stealing should be fixed ASAP. We don't even dare leaving main base without at least 1 person sleeping inside the base because of the crap trollers that try to steal the claim with the whole base on it. On PVE this is horrible to even think of. Somebody being able to steal all you worked for in 30 mins.

Also, as another bug, on the island where we are, resources are no longer spawning (trees, rocks, etc). This started happening about 2 days ago. It was fine until then. We now have a large island with no trees on it that won't even respawn. There are 10 people on this island playing (more or less) that might keep the area rendered, so this should be fixed by NOT ALLOWING online chars to prevent resource spawning.

look for floating buoys they stop respawns in a huge radius no matter where they are placed