Elliot Fox

About Fortitude

Did I understand correctly that if you increase the Fortitude parameter, you will need less vitamins, food, and water needs? photo_2018-12-26_12-09-05.thumb.jpg.a800b40b82059b2b0640555c47bd268e.jpg

Edited by Elliot Fox

No it just affects your ability to survive in a harsh climate such as desert or arctic regions.

You need a fairly high fortitude for it to be effective along with correct regional clothing.

34 minutes ago, DocStrangeFruit said:

No it just affects your ability to survive in a harsh climate such as desert or arctic regions.

You need a fairly high fortitude for it to be effective along with correct regional clothing.

Then why does it say the following?: ...and the rate of decrease of all vital stats

It most definitely does decrease the casual drain of vitamins.  I pump heavy fortitude so I don't have to deal with the heat and cold swings as much and I can go a looonnng time before my food runs out and my vitamins are low.  

If you are doing things that increase drain on food or thirst like sprinting a lot, healing from damage, or have the cold or hot debuff it doesn't mitigate it much or at all, or the debuff drain is just so strong its hard to notice.  That's about the only time I have to really pay attention to my food levels.  

If you are cold AND hurt you're food goes down even faster.

7 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

It most definitely does decrease the casual drain of vitamins.  I pump heavy fortitude so I don't have to deal with the heat and cold swings as much and I can go a looonnng time before my food runs out and my vitamins are low.  

If you are doing things that increase drain on food or thirst like sprinting a lot, healing from damage, or have the cold or hot debuff it doesn't mitigate it much or at all, or the debuff drain is just so strong its hard to notice.  That's about the only time I have to really pay attention to my food levels.  

If you are cold AND hurt you're food goes down even faster.

Wow, thank's a lot for the information)) So you strongly recommend to increase the Fortitude I guess? It is a very helpful thing in that case 🙂

14 minutes ago, Elliot Fox said:

Wow, thank's a lot for the information)) So you strongly recommend to increase the Fortitude I guess? It is a very helpful thing in that case 🙂

Fortitude around 30 is a must (IMO). With the vitamin buff and appropriate clothing, it makes you extremely durable and has a noticeable impact on your consumption rate. 

This last respec i put fortitude to 80 by accident and i survive very well without closes in the desert.  Def don't die as fast in the arctic either. 

Yeah.  One of the big problems ark had was that fortitude wasn't really important.  Just like the other survival mechanics in ark such as food and water they were mostly so insignificant and easy to deal with that even in the early game you ignored them for the most part.  Food was so plentiful and easy to get, water was everywhere, temps rarely were bad enough to worry about except in hard high level zones/caves.  So no one would bother pumping those stats and no one bothered with cooking really.

Most of the things atlas does are evolutions on top of arks mistakes with systems like this.  A lot of the stuff are things they probably should have implemented in ark but couldn't for some reason.  

With these new, more complex system, we need to pay more attention to how they work.  Food/water draining when you're healing from health damage always existed, but now that you have vitamins involved as well as the 'overstuffed/ate too much' debuff and damage you have to pay attention if your vitamins are high but your food is dropping super fast.  Fortitude finally has some real use even in the mid and late game.  

Fortitude also slows down torpor damage.  with 0 fortitude giant snakes can hit you just a few times and knock your low level ass unconcious.  Pump a ton of fortitude and it takes a bunch more hits to get knocked out.  Same goes for player damage causing torpor.  The 2H mace stuns and knocks people out.  You can take a lot more hits before nap time with high fortitude.

I float between 30 and 40 fortitude usually every time I respec.  I'll prob try it out with a super high number at some point just to mess with it.

To make fortitude effective, you have to put the majority of your points into it.

Which leaves you as a pure victim in PVP for the chinese megatribes.

Better die from time to time and respawn in bed.