Sign in to follow this  
Dyna

DestroyWildDinos

I run a 3x2, one of our maps I performed a DestroyWildDinos on, now they are not respawning.

It has been hours since I fired off this command and there are currently only 300 NPCs on the map, the other working parts of the grid have about 9700 NPCs each.

I've restarted it multiple times, have even tried the force respawn command line argument.

Anyone run into this issue yet?

If anyone is reading this with the same issue, a wipe did not fix it. 

I think I have to just start over from scratch ...

Updating again as I've figured out what caused this issue, hopefully this information helps someone.

The zone that was not spawning NPCs was because the zone had EndBossLevel attached to the ExtraSublevels on the map.

Removing this variable and restarting was not enough to fix it, I had to completely wipe the Saved Folders on each server attached to the map.

After doing this and restarting the map loads the proper amount of NPCs.

Apparently EndBossLevel is intended for an entire zone and can not just be part of another zone (unless you don't care that there are no land NPCs on that part of your map).

So at minimum to get all the PVE content you need a server for the Freeport, a server for the Non-Freeport that also has room for all the Powerstone Islands, and a third server just for the End Boss (when you have all the stones).

I confirm that, i have the same problem..

After setting EndBossLevel  in extraSublevels animals dont respawned, now i delte the "EndBossLevel" and we have a respawn problem ... 😉

On 12/29/2018 at 6:17 PM, Dyna said:

If anyone is reading this with the same issue, a wipe did not fix it. 

I think I have to just start over from scratch ...

I don't suppose you could expand on what you mean by a wipe didn't fix this issue.

I just ran into it myself unfortunately, not realizing it couldn't be rolled back by simply removing the sublevel. I was vaguely hoping that *maybe* I could delete the saved ocean files for just that server and it might fix, but tbh if its not a guarantee I don't want to try that. I'm not even sure that buildings and tribes and stuff are even saved in there.