Sign in to follow this  
[616]RexFortis

Future Update - Map Reset & Only 1 Flag Zone Per Company Member

The idea is good but way to conservative to make any difference. 

A 100 man company can still spam 100 flags in everyzone that way.

Make it 2-3 flags company wide, personal flags are lost when joining a company to battle people leaving company to place flags and join again.

Also need a mechanic to battle companies splitting up in 50 small ones to place more flags.

Oh yes. Let's implement a system that makes it nigh on impossible to effectively PvP in any remotely coherent sense because you are completely incapable of fighting for land because the second you do, you unclaim half your base and a bob claims it while you're PvPing.

I get people are salty because, for whatever reason, they are incapable of fighting for land, or even circumventing the need for it, but come on. Think about your suggestions a bit more before throwing out suggestions that break the very concept and founding principles of the game itself. 

• Like 2

Our land is being stolen from us while we are on and we cant do a thing about it. Unless someone knows a trick we are left watching them steal the flags one by one literaly in the zones the flags are set in.  We are slowly losing it all. And we can find no game support to fix this issue.

if pve replace all your old flags with new ones for the 3 days protection to work , if pvp then stop whining and join a company 

OP is suggesting a company can place like 100 flags in every zone (which wont change a thing) and u guys are complaining it will break PVP... LOL.. Sorry, dont want to be rude but it sounds like u guys dont even know how to play and are only surviving due to how these mechanics are atm and because of that are against change.

Gonna shatter your dream here and now, if the devs want this game to succeed on the scale they want atm (40k players) they HAVE to change it. 

Better L2P instead of hiding under a overpowered company mechanic.

Edited by ThisWayisUP
  • Like 1

Just add upkeep. That would solve it entirely because even if you spam a million flags you couldn’t maintain your claim without the manpower to support it.

• Thanks 1

Btter still your building and only your building is your claimed land. The claim if inactive for a number of days is ended. Like what they have in lawless it seems,, which I think is a good idea. Land can only be claimed in the freeport squares, other than that you get a claim by and per the building you erect.

If you look at surrounding infrastructure more often than not you see by clicking on it that it is demolishable. Just demolish it and build your own sturtcure. I demolished five small ship harbours today and two buildings. The other day three buildings. 

Then you have room to build. (this is akin only to lawless not freeport grid square space/ocean.

the only problem is respawning - man I just cant seem to work out how to be able to leave freeport and respawn on my new island. 

Regards

J

5 hours ago, ThisWayisUP said:

The idea is good but way to conservative to make any difference. 

A 100 man company can still spam 100 flags in everyzone that way.

Make it 2-3 flags company wide, personal flags are lost when joining a company to battle people leaving company to place flags and join again.

Also need a mechanic to battle companies splitting up in 50 small ones to place more flags.

There is NO claimable flag system in lawless.... your claim is your building and that is on a counter.

J

4 hours ago, ThisWayisUP said:

OP is suggesting a company can place like 100 flags in every zone (which wont change a thing) and u guys are complaining it will break PVP... LOL.. Sorry, dont want to be rude but it sounds like u guys dont even know how to play and are only surviving due to how these mechanics are atm and because of that are against change.

Gonna shatter your dream here and now, if the devs want this game to succeed on the scale they want atm (40k players) they HAVE to change it. 

Better L2P instead of hiding under a overpowered company mechanic.

No. He isn't. He's suggesting each person gets one flag. Period. 

I don't disagree that the mechanic has issues, *however*, the suggestion he's making breaks PvP entirely. 

Edited by Ellentro

This claim general topic has alot of attention as you can see when browsing trough the forums. it is currently borderline unplayable and offer griefers a paradise.

Like killing you with a repair hammer in PVE

I think the claim mechanic as it is, works well in a PvP environment, where you have to battle it out to get more land. I think this was how it was designed by the developers. I do think in the PvE environment it should be changed a bit. Single person companies are claiming entire islands, not allowing anyone else to build. Lets face it, some people do want to play solo or in 2 or 3 man companies. This will cause new players to leave, and I have steam friends who refuse to play official because they can not get a place to call home. I have nothing against unofficial servers, but for a game like this, limiting yourself to a server that can only have 30 players, defies the point of it.

So what I think should happen is that on PvE, a company should be allowed claims depending on its size. the bigger the company, the more claims they have. I also like the idea of having an upkeep cost, like the NPC crew members. So if you can not pay your upkeep, you lose your land, opening it up to new players. On PvE you can not "fight" each other and the current system where claims get stolen seems a bit broken and gets exploited. If a small 2 or 3 man company goes out exploring for a few days, they can come back to find their claim is gone.

So for example, a small company of say less than 5 people are allowed a global claim limit of say 2 claims. This gives a small company lots of room to get their empire going. Lets then say for every 5 people you get 2 extra claims, giving a company of say 100 people about 25 claims. Or something in that line. Claims per company size might even grow exponentially instead of linear. This all depends on having balance. This kind of system would make companies massive, in order to control large map areas.

This is much like how things work in life, one person on a farm can not own and control a whole country, it takes an army to control the lands. In PvP you have the physical abilities to divide an conquer. PvE is supposed to be a more relaxed game, where people are not contending each other, but the environment, hence the acronym Player Versus Environment.

Edited by DaCr33d

To add to my idea, could be to allow smaller companies to "rent" territories from large companies. This could also be allowed in PvP servers. If a small company can not find land and they do not want to join a large company, allow them to pay for the land. This gives larger companies bigger advantage.

36 minutes ago, DaCr33d said:

To add to my idea, could be to allow smaller companies to "rent" territories from large companies. This could also be allowed in PvP servers. If a small company can not find land and they do not want to join a large company, allow them to pay for the land. This gives larger companies bigger advantage.

I think this is already in the game. From what I've read 'allies' can build inside other companies territory under stipulation that they pay taxes in the form of a portion of all materials gathered (If the company enforces them), and the owning company has veto power to remove any structures their allies place inside their lands (I believe pin codes/locks/personal property like ships remain sacrosanct). Obviously this means you need to be able to completely trust your local land baron, but this was always an intended core feature of the game; companies and residents living together.

You don't have to be a land owner, to be able to own property in Atlas. On NA PvE I have seen several companies offering alliance residency, some don't even have taxes.

Edited by RyuujinZERO

My full suggestion would be that each land claim takes exponentially longer than the previous claim you made and that the total number of claims you can make is directly proportional to the number of members you have in your Company. I would also suggest that each individual claim require some sort of resource upkeep to keep it from decaying. That would prevent large Companies from spamming them everywhere just because they can and would open up territory that is not being used over long periods.