Incarnate

[POSSIBLE FIX] Loading Issues.

Hello everyone.

I've found a potential fix that solves the problem of the loading issue, where the game would become unresponsive, you'd have long load times, system would become unresponsive etc.
In my investigation in an attempt to find out what could be the cause of this issue, which you can read about here: https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/forums/topic/11535-client-instability-potential-causes/ lead me towards the solution, so onto the solution, though be warned: You have to do a bit a of manual work here.

The Solution:
1. Step
1. Navigate to where Atlas is installed - this you can easily find without any real hassles. First right click on the game name in the steam library, click on properties, then click on the local files tab, then click on the browse local files. This will open the game folder where the game is installed.
2. Then navigate to this folder: ATLAS\ShooterGame\Content\Movies.
3. Create a folder named Backup in this folder.
4. Move AtlasTitle.wmv and LoadingScreen.wmv to the backup folder.

2. Step
1. Launch the game.
2. Join the server of your choice.

Note:
If this for some reason don't work for you, please do comment here for further help.
If you need to revert back to the original state, just move the two files back from the backup folder into the folder they came from and you'll have it back to the original state.

[DISCLAIMER]
You accept the consequenses of anything you do on your computer, where Grapeshot or me cannot be held accountable for any issues or loss of data you may encounter in your efforts in doing the above.

However I do not think this will cause any loss of data and solution provided can easily be reverted back to original state.

IF this worked for you, be sure to comment, leave a like and be sure to let others know of this fix.

Happy Gaming!

//INC.

Edited by Incarnate
Spelling
  • Thanks 3

I can confirm this works, I've successfully loaded in a good bunch of times now, where I'd normally have 15+ minutes of load time without it necessarily successfully loading into the game, where now it around 3 minutes. Ever since doing the fix I've been able to log in.

What I've have settings-wise, is have most graphic settings set either to low or off, and it's running in windowed mode.
But once I get in I prefer to set it to fullscreen, and then turn on some graphics. However I don't think this is necessary, I just do it to be on the safe side.

Usually my game would lag out when loading in after like 5 mins and give a timeout message then load in fine afterwards. This got rid of that 5 min lag process. 👍

• Like 1

You, sir/madame, are an absolute saint! I've been struggling with this issue since launch, and voila! Now it takes no time at all to get into the game! Thanks so much! Super confirm, this definitely worked for me :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, runningpoo said:

has not worked for me

First I need to say that this can only fix actual loading and stability issues, it does NOT fix any connection or network issue.
If you're getting any of these messages like; "Host Connection Timeout" or "Unable to fetch server data" or similar, this is a connection issue and not a loading/stability issue, which this fix can't do anything about, as thats actual network connection issues.

So in order for me to help you further, I need to ask a few questions in order to better understand whats going on with your system when you're attempting to load into the game.

1. What message or messages are being displayed, if any?
2. Are you using any kind of startup parameters, and if so, which ones are you using?
3. What were were your load times before applying the fix?
4. What are your "load times" now? (from you click join until you get a message).

I hope this helps in some way and I can be of further help to you to get your game to load properly into the actual game.

Edited by Incarnate
Grammar

Host Connection Timeout and unable to fetch server data and thats on a na server with 90 ping but when i join a eu server i load just fine with a 230ping i dont understand it

I might be stucked in Respawn screen. It will not load PrimalGameData_BP. Don´t let me get back into the game. I can join all other Servers but not on the one i stucked in loading Screen while i try to Respawn. What to do? HELP!!!!!

On 12/29/2018 at 9:13 AM, Incarnate said:

When game loading automaticly my game closed and there is no error page or something just closed

Some of you may be experiencing different issues to the one the OP is providing steps to resolve. Thanks again INCARNATE, the info has been shared with our tech team so hopefully we can get this resolved on our end too.

• Thanks 1

Please give us an update on when servers are coming back online that aren't online for a long time, and look into PVE issues where players kill eachother with Repair hammers, destroy buildings on PVE by stacking snakes under it (or letting them attack dunno what they mean) L9 EU-PVE offline since... ? been waiting nearly 3 hours now

And please look into raft weight damage when anchored also against griefing on PVE (and PVP maybe) players just come on your boat to get it to sink with alot of stuff.

Make stuff that is pincoded with longer pincodes or password or add an optino "Company Access" so griefers don't sit down for 20 minutes to guess a 4 digit password.

Apparently people get inside houses by going to sleep next to the corner of a house and get inside that way when they log back in then kill players with repair hammers and ruin their experience. If you are gonna keep ignoring people who are playing this game solo or with a smaller group this will bleed to death quickly. I already got chased off PVP cuz everything to rekt when logging out for a couple of hours and now on PVE it's nearly the same with the only difference u can't even fight griefers off in most cases.

Edited by Jozzie McTowel
more complaints

1 hour ago, Jatheish said:

Some of you may be experiencing different issues to the one the OP is providing steps to resolve. Thanks again INCARNATE, the info has been shared with our tech team so hopefully we can get this resolved on our end too.

Please read my post above

Thanks man, it worked for me, but in official servers now it tells me the connection problem with the host, but I can play in the unofficial ones !!! THANK YOU!!!

I bought the game at launch and wasn't able to log in at all until the low memory mode was added. Now I can most of the time but I have to let it load for like 10-15 min or so let it get the failure to connect to host message then re log in and it takes 5 min or so to log in. I have to do that every time. I tried this and I was able to log into an official server super fast like a few min and didn't have to let it crash but when i got in it was very laggy and it crashed with in a min and the lost connection to host message popped up. I been playing on a friends unofficial server and wasn't able to log in at all this way. I get host connection timed out or unable to fetch server date message. So it seems it helped with load times on official anyways but I got kicked right away once I got in the game. 

12 hours ago, runningpoo said:

Host Connection Timeout and unable to fetch server data and thats on a na server with 90 ping but when i join a eu server i load just fine with a 230ping i dont understand it

This sounds like a network/connection issue.

1. Have you been into the game already and created a character? If so then it could be the reason why you're getting the error message, even with the fix. The most likely reason for this is that the server is down or is unresponsive.

2. You can attempt to login into a different server region instead, but you may be prompted to create a new character. The reason for this is that it will still attempt to log you into the server you were recently loaded into, and if that server is down, it will prompt you to create a new character. In regards to this the character creation it will only overwrite your old character once you click create.

A note about what happens when you attempt to connection:
Basically what happens when you're connecting is that the game attempts to establish the connection to the server, if successful it will begin to load into the game, and once it's done it will check if the connection is still there, and if it's there it will use the connection to complete the loading and spawn you in game, but if not it will give you the "Host Connection Timeout". It basically means the reason why the fix works for a lot of people is that the problem has been too long load times, load times that has been longer than how long the connection stays alive. At least that is what seems to happen and it's my best approximation.

11 hours ago, Dovis said:

Worked for me , but when i tried exit the game whole pc froze had to restart.

Good that it worked, but this seems like a different problem, one unrelated to what the fix deals with.

What you can do is go here: ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\Logs and see if you have any files with the extension .dmp, if so, you can share it with me and I'll attempt to debug it. Alternatively you can share it with the devs if they would be interested in the .dmp files as that should help them identify the issue.
I'm not sure if you can attach the .dmp file here, though I'd recommend it's sent directly to me as more system sensitive information can be in the dump file.

@Jatheish Would you or any of the other devs be interested in any of the .dmp files?

@JatheishI want to report a bug,this bug will ruin the game in PVE,can you contact me,I cannot tell you the bug here.REALLY serious,I promise this is true.

Not a joke.

Edited by ghost9nine9

Ive been getting this same error even after the update..I want to reinstall windows but every other game i have runs without issue so it has to be the game not my computer..I can even run ark without issue...so i have same error with windows 7 and windows 10..any ideas or is anyone getting this same error..it starts out with the ht.dll error and that can be cause by many issues from hardwarer to software issues. 

I have considered maybe i need UT4 drivers since the game is made using unrealT SDK.

atlas-pic5.jpg

one question, Where does this "backup" file go? just anywhere other then the atlas files? or somewhere else?

16 hours ago, Not Icey said:

one question, Where does this "backup" file go? just anywhere other then the atlas files? or somewhere else?

It doesn't really matter where you place the Backup folder, or what you name that folder, it's just a location to place the movie files where the movie files are not.

On 12/30/2018 at 10:26 AM, Wndash said:

When game loading automaticly my game closed and there is no error page or something just closed

i have the same problem so i used the procdump in Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64 and it show me this

Waiting for process named AtlasGame.exe...

Process:               AtlasGame.exe (9144)
CPU threshold:         n/a
Performance counter:   n/a
Commit threshold:      n/a
Threshold seconds:     10
Hung window check:     Disabled
Log debug strings:     Disabled
Exception monitor:     Unhandled
Exception filter:      *
Terminate monitor:     Disabled
Cloning type:          Disabled
Concurrent limit:      n/a
Avoid outage:          n/a
Number of dumps:       1
Dump folder:           C:\Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\
Dump filename/mask:    PROCESSNAME_YYMMDD_HHMMSS

Press Ctrl-C to end monitoring without terminating the process.

[01:12:25] Exception: 406D1388
[01:12:26] Exception: 406D1388
[01:12:27] Exception: 406D1388
[01:12:28] Exception: 406D1388
[01:12:29] Exception: 406D1388
[01:12:29] Exception: 40080201
[01:12:31] Exception: 406D1388
[01:12:50] Exception: 406D1388
[01:15:48] Exception: 406D1388
[01:15:49] Exception: 406D1388
[01:17:21] Exception: E06D7363.?AV_com_error@@
[01:17:21] Unhandled: C0000409
[01:17:21] Dump 1 initiated: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\AtlasGame.exe_190104_011721.dmp

and a dump file of 5315mb

4 hours ago, XKayferX said:

i have the same problem so i used the procdump in Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64 and it show me this

Waiting for process named AtlasGame.exe...

Process:               AtlasGame.exe (9144)
CPU threshold:         n/a
Performance counter:   n/a
Commit threshold:      n/a
Threshold seconds:     10
Hung window check:     Disabled
Log debug strings:     Disabled
Exception monitor:     Unhandled
Exception filter:      *
Terminate monitor:     Disabled
Cloning type:          Disabled
Concurrent limit:      n/a
Avoid outage:          n/a
Number of dumps:       1
Dump folder:           C:\Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\
Dump filename/mask:    PROCESSNAME_YYMMDD_HHMMSS

Press Ctrl-C to end monitoring without terminating the process.

[01:12:25] Exception: 406D1388
[01:12:26] Exception: 406D1388
[01:12:29] Exception: 40080201
[01:12:31] Exception: 406D1388
[01:12:50] Exception: 406D1388
[01:15:48] Exception: 406D1388
[01:15:49] Exception: 406D1388
[01:17:21] Exception: E06D7363.?AV_com_error@@
[01:17:21] Unhandled: C0000409
[01:17:21] Dump 1 initiated: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\AtlasGame.exe_190104_011721.dmp

and a dump file of 5315mb

I have a friend who had this issue too, so out of curiosity, how much video memery does you graphics card have? In my friends case, it turned out that his card only had half the required video memory, which was 1024 GBs of video memory, where unfortunately the only fix for that was and still is to upgrade to a graphics card with the minimum amount of video memory - 2048 GBs, which solved his problem, still with the fix applied.

i have an integrated graphic card AMD Radeon HD 7660D with 512mb of vram so i went to the bios menu and upgraded the vram to 2017mb yet i still have the same error