Sign in to follow this  
Land claim issue

Stealing from pin coded lockboxes

Does piracy have a skill where you can steal from a pin coded lockbox even in PVE? I had 2 full boxes on my raft and went to gather metal came back and 2 spots were empty in both. Turns out 100 gold coins and 1 full stack of wood and 2 full stacks of fiber were gone. The codes were a random number, nothing simple. No one else is in my company.

That's correct. People from a nameless country have a brute force pin bot - They walk up to a pin coded door or chest and it takes about 30 seconds to try all 9999 pins.  You'll know this is happening because you get a savage lag spike while they're doing it.

After that they help themselves.  I watched a dude literally do it in front of me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snocrash said:

That's correct. People from a nameless country have a brute force pin bot - They walk up to a pin coded door or chest and it takes about 30 seconds to try all 9999 pins.  You'll know this is happening because you get a savage lag spike while they're doing it.

After that they help themselves.  I watched a dude literally do it in front of me.

Let's hope they ban accounts that do this.

• Like 2

People should be allowed to break your containers(PvP, not PvE), but something that simple makes it too easy which sucks.

It need mechanism:

- unlocked, anyone have acess

-locked on me

-locked tribe access

-locked ally access

no pincodes

• Like 3

I whish this was only a reskinned ARK but its even worse. Problems which where solved years ago appear again. 

Edited by Charles U Farley
  • Like 1

It might help to set your place up with redundancies. I have air locksinto my house. So a guy would need to to code break through 3 locked doors to get into the house, where he again has to code break to get into the locked storage containers. 4 locks is better than 1. If they are really determined, they will still get it, but they might give up if u make it really difficult. Also, try hiding your storage bins in secret room in your building or something. make it tough to find. 

Well today I log on and the whole raft is gone with boxes tannery and smithy, while sitting in a freeport. Just me floating in the water. I'm done for now, ya'll have fun.

11 hours ago, Taraky said:

It need mechanism:

- unlocked, anyone have acess

-locked on me

-locked tribe access

-locked ally access

no pincodes

this is 100% agree with , this is a must!!

• Like 2