Sign in to follow this  
Taraky

Brigantine & cannons & gun ports & shipyard

Aye aye Captains,

1) Does shipyards have "no colision"..? i mean if i can place shipyard, is inside depth sufficient for ship..?

2) Are large cannons just for large gunports (galleon)..? Or i can put large cannon on brigantine with medium gunports?

3) Which sails i can use on brigantine..? Wiki says medium, but brigantine is under large sails in skill tree. Or they can be combine? There is "weight" system, but in descriptions isnt.

Ty for help

Taraky

same for the sloop and the shooner plz , we can use the medium sail on the sloop and large sail on the shooner ? ty

1) There is collision. If you place your shipyard in to shallow of water it will destroy your ship when released. Ask me how I know...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Cannon questions for the Pros here, beeing max level on the first day and sailing 20 galleons on the second :

Can i place cannons on sloop and schooner ? As they have just one deck these cannons could be placed on deck, so that no gunports are needed ?

2 hours ago, Taraky said:

Aye aye Captains,

1) Does shipyards have "no colision"..? i mean if i can place shipyard, is inside depth sufficient for ship..?

2) Are large cannons just for large gunports (galleon)..? Or i can put large cannon on brigantine with medium gunports?

3) Which sails i can use on brigantine..? Wiki says medium, but brigantine is under large sails in skill tree. Or they can be combine? There is "weight" system, but in descriptions isnt.

Ty for help

Taraky

1) if you can place it, there should be enough depth inside the shipyard. But if the seafloor goes up at the front, your ship may still crash on release.

2) you can put cannons on the upper deck

3) For sails you can mix and match anything that fits. Brig has 8.6 sail capacity iirc and Large Speed Sails take 2.7 while medium take 1.7.
5 Medium Sails take a lot of space and are harder to manage than 3 large.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2018 at 12:43 AM, Talono said:

Cannon questions for the Pros here, beeing max level on the first day and sailing 20 galleons on the second :

Can i place cannons on sloop and schooner ? As they have just one deck these cannons could be placed on deck, so that no gunports are needed ?

been redesigned now, but 4 LG in rear and alot of mediums. around. Had weight problem

20190129083024_1.jpg

Edited by |9TH| Capt.Raven

On 12/29/2018 at 12:00 AM, Taraky said:

Aye aye Captains,

Ty for help

Taraky

2) Large gunports are kind of misleading in name, they're not for large cannons, they're for large ships, but they use standard cannons. The only place on a ship you can put large cannons is on or above your top deck, well, if you don't want to blast holes in your own ship anyway.  

3) You can use any size category sails on a brig, and you can fit at least one large sail on everything above a sloop. I have a schooner with a single large speed sail and that thing moves like a bat out of hell in a good wind and it is easy for 1 person to run solo. A schooner with 1 large speed sail and 1 small speed sail is even faster but harder to run by yourself. For a fast brig, I would recommend 3 large speed sails, which is how my company has theirs. 

On 12/29/2018 at 2:43 AM, Talono said:

You can definitely put cannons on a sloop. It has no gun ports though and your building options are a bit limited, but if you get creative you can squeeze cannons on it.

Schooners have a full gun deck with ports so it can fit up to 10 cannons on the gun deck. Above deck, you've got more space to work with than the sloop for sure so it's easier to slap some deck guns on it. Be mindful though, cannons are heavy, (100 each for normal), and each one will cost you speed and weight cap. And the schooner deck can get overcrowded quick if you're not careful with placement.