Sign in to follow this  
Over2Take

Steam failed to validate one file

After attempting to join a server and my game crashing I attempted to Validate ATLAS on steam. On completion of the validation, there was 1 file that failed to validate, but nothing was downloaded.
When talking with other friends they had the same thing happen and some didn't even crash.

I too have this issue. I also cannot see water in-game. I don't know if the two are connected.

Basically, I can run ARK at decent settings with good FPS, but Atlas just crashes on low end settings. I load up no problem, as soon as I am in game though, I start doing anything, game boots me to desktop and closes down. No crash log or nothing. Only started happening after one of the newer server patches too. I was able to play for a solid 20 minutes before that. 

Anyway, I'm looking for answers on how to fix the "can't see any water" issue, as well as the crash 😕 I'm running an AMD m290x gfx card with 4GB RAM, and my CPU is an i7 quad core and my system has 8GB RAM. I'm fairly certain I'm above the min specs, so I don't think its an issue on my end.

Steam file validation always has 1 or 2 files, you can pretty much ignore that. If you run validation and it says 1 file it will say the same each and every time you run it.

The game crashing isn't related to validation, it's another issue, pin pointing it isn't easy though.