Sign in to follow this  
Jonww

Do you want us to play?

After 8 hours of building a scooner a ghost ship kills it in the night. After 16 hours of gathering and building a brigantine  your server crashes and we get back on to be sunk to a ghost ship with out a chance. Then it crashes again. Are you willing to offer any support to people who have lost this much time or do you not care for the time players have lost?

Just saying you haven't lost much time. I spent 55hrs solo building a Brig took it out docked it inland then 7.0 hit and it broke. Devs not only do not care. They aren't even willing to comment. They just ignore it.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Liljagare said:

Yeah, you'd think they would have learned something from DnL and PixArk.. 

This is a pretty big departure from either though. Trying to take what they did learn and implement that on an MMO scale with integrated server shards that load seamlessly is kind of a big deal. Add to that the mobile bases that are ships which is another layer of complexity. I think, technically speaking, what they're working on is pretty impressive and feasible. But yet to be seen if they can pull it off. 

That said, people keep treating early access as a finished game and it's anything but. If you bought the game expecting a finished product despite everything telling you otherwise, there's no one else to blame. Complain, sure. But know that "It's early access" is a reasonable response to almost any criticism. 

19 minutes ago, MagpieOAO said:

This is a pretty big departure from either though. Trying to take what they did learn and implement that on an MMO scale with integrated server shards that load seamlessly is kind of a big deal. Add to that the mobile bases that are ships which is another layer of complexity. I think, technically speaking, what they're working on is pretty impressive and feasible. But yet to be seen if they can pull it off. 

That said, people keep treating early access as a finished game and it's anything but. If you bought the game expecting a finished product despite everything telling you otherwise, there's no one else to blame. Complain, sure. But know that "It's early access" is a reasonable response to almost any criticism. 

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the EA tag quit bringing it up like it means ANYTHING.  Because it doesnt.  EA doest prevent them from lowering the decay rate in freeports to prevent losing a damn ship youve spent hours upon hours creating in 8 fucking hours.  Being EA isnt stopping them from lowering damned ships spawn rates further or removing all together for now.  Quit making excuses for a shit company.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Underwrought said:

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the EA tag quit bringing it up like it means ANYTHING.  Because it doesnt.  EA doest prevent them from lowering the decay rate in freeports to prevent losing a damn ship youve spent hours upon hours creating in 8 fucking hours.  Being EA isnt stopping them from lowering damned ships spawn rates further or removing all together for now.  Quit making excuses for a shit company.

Hard to understand how the devs got their heads so far up their asses on the ghost ship thing. This game was great on day 2, the sailing was fantastic and so unique... now it's just a less polished and feature-complete Rust

43 minutes ago, Underwrought said:

But see that's just it... it DOES have a lot to do with it being an in-dev game. Its not about defending the devs, its just reality. 

Perhaps you're too young to have played many in-dev games but there is a pretty simple rule that us older guys know: Do not invest time in an alpha/beta/early access game if you're not prepared to deal with huge glitches and risk losing all your progress. The simple fact is that during development, things are going to go horribly wrong. Its inevitable and if you lack the ability to understand or deal with such issues, don't play the game until its finished. 

I lost a couple ships that I spend a lot of hours on too but you don't see me whining about it. Why? Because I knew full well that since the game is still in an alpha state there was a high likelihood that really bad things could happen.... because they always do. I didn't even spend any time creating my character since I expected it to get erased by accident or for the servers to get wiped. That's the reality of development and people need to understand what they are playing. 

I'd also point out that there are good reasons why the decay rate in freeports is so high. Its so you can't hide there as a higher level... they're suppose to be starter zones, not safe spaces for you to hide your ship. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonww said:

After 8 hours of building a scooner a ghost ship kills it in the night. After 16 hours of gathering and building a brigantine  your server crashes and we get back on to be sunk to a ghost ship with out a chance. Then it crashes again. Are you willing to offer any support to people who have lost this much time or do you not care for the time players have lost?

2 hours ago, UnknownDjinn said:

Just saying you haven't lost much time. I spent 55hrs solo building a Brig took it out docked it inland then 7.0 hit and it broke. Devs not only do not care. They aren't even willing to comment. They just ignore it.

1 hour ago, strawman said:

Hard to understand how the devs got their heads so far up their asses on the ghost ship thing. This game was great on day 2, the sailing was fantastic and so unique... now it's just a less polished and feature-complete Rust

Yeah guys. I totally get you. This is wildcard though. Don’t fall for the EA excuses. This company literally did this same thing for 2 years EA with ark and then for over a year after official release of ark. It still happens actually. 

This is a very incompetent dev company. The unfortunate thing is you do have only two choices. Either deal with it or get smart and walk away. Things won’t get better so the sooner you realize you have two choices the better 👍

21 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

But see that's just it... it DOES have a lot to do with it being an in-dev game. Its not about defending the devs, its just reality. 

Perhaps you're too young to have played many in-dev games but there is a pretty simple rule that us older guys know: Do not invest time in an alpha/beta/early access game if you're not prepared to deal with huge glitches and risk losing all your progress. The simple fact is that during development, things are going to go horribly wrong. Its inevitable and if you lack the ability to understand or deal with such issues, don't play the game until its finished. 

I lost a couple ships that I spend a lot of hours on too but you don't see me whining about it. Why? Because I knew full well that since the game is still in an alpha state there was a high likelihood that really bad things could happen.... because they always do. I didn't even spend any time creating my character since I expected it to get erased by accident or for the servers to get wiped. That's the reality of development and people need to understand what they are playing. 

I'd also point out that there are good reasons why the decay rate in freeports is so high. Its so you can't hide there as a higher level... they're suppose to be starter zones, not safe spaces for you to hide your ship. 

The first sentence is all that mattered. It doesn’t have anything to do with in-dev or EA as you say. We already have a 3 years track record to go on from these guys.

your ea bs isn’t going to work here. I know for a fact they let bugs stay in game for over a year after official release. Sure do your white knight thing. It’s all good I am here too 👍