Din Narcotic

Tutorial: Tattoo's, Flags, and You!

2 hours ago, Luxfere said:

Use a paint brush on the sails

He means how to get an image to look correctly on sails, whenever I try the picture is off center and bigger than I wanted, anyone have a guide to customizing sails?

12 hours ago, Rando said:

He means how to get an image to look correctly on sails, whenever I try the picture is off center and bigger than I wanted, anyone have a guide to customizing sails?

did you check this guide?

• Thanks 1

So I have spent the morning following/reading different resources in an attempt to paint our sails.

This is going to be a bit harder than I imagined. Even after following all the advice of others, my finished product (essentially a circle) still stretches out on the Med Handling sail (looks like a triangle).

If someone had templates, I sorta do, then it might work better. I am not sure while Wildcard/Grapeshot cannot just release the templates to us.

On 1/1/2019 at 9:07 PM, Luxfere said:

Use a paint brush on the sails

... this tutorial is about templates... so i want to know how to use the templates on the sails

it seems some of the dye colours from ark are different to the colours in atlas, so some of the designs wont work, can anyone confirm this or let me know if they find a fix please? thanks 

yeah. had troubles with red. bought the wrong one which wasnt used in this generator. so I switched to standard red.

sail_01_retouched.jpg

sails.jpg

@darcek for the big one you have to create an image-file like this

template.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for not getting back to everyone. I'll try to get a video uploaded this weekend and will do more testing for sails. I'll be sure to share templates as I make them!

• Thanks 4

I have used an image that has white but the white portion is going transparent on the sail and taking on that color region instead. Any ideas how to fix this?

Great tutorial! This is an amazing feature, I did a very similar method for my sails in photoshop.

This is probably a discussion for another tread but how will the moderators manage to monitor all of the images users upload? I mean anyone could upload any image they wish, I think there should be a reporting system in game, at least for the official servers or even better some system that can recognise certain images.

Now that tames are tamed fast by the hundreds can we get some templates for the various tames? (If anyone know how to make)

Edited by darcek

try to paint animal but i always have  Disconnect timeout error. 

I paint all the animal in one color , save the paint (to see the template and the name of files), open with PS make the change and save, open with arkpaint and save

Example of file :

_LargeCanvas_C.pnt

_MediumCanvas_C.pnt

_SmallCanvas_C.pnt

_Sign_Buoy_Wood_C.pnt (image seems half cut maybe 128x128)

_Tiger_Character_BP_C.pnt

_Cow_Character_BP_CPS.pnt

Edited by Elgroom
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 3:58 AM, Elgroom said:

try to paint animal but i always have  Disconnect timeout error. 

I paint all the animal in one color , save the paint (to see the template and the name of files), open with PS make the change and save, open with arkpaint and save

Example of file :

_LargeCanvas_C.pnt

_MediumCanvas_C.pnt

_SmallCanvas_C.pnt

_Sign_Buoy_Wood_C.pnt (image seems half cut maybe 128x128)

_Tiger_Character_BP_C.pnt

_Cow_Character_BP_CPS.pnt

I also have the same problem.
took paint of animals, edited them in photoshop and once i tried to paint the animals ingame.. i got timeout crash...

Just a heads-up for anyone who might not know this: paint colors aren't actually 'paint,' but more of a 'tint.' This means that white is transparent (which is a major bummer, because I wanted to paint the wood of my ship white.)

If your starting color is a dark brown, then you're multiplying the brown by another color. Blue X Brown isn't going to be blue. It'll be a dark, murky blue. This is why using green paint on leather will give it a different color than using it on cloth.

8 hours ago, Topkisser said:

5555.jpg

Hey man, how did you get the arm soo perfect?

Based on the template given, my arm tattoo is either going in the front or the back, unable to place it on the side, can you upload the pnt or atleast show the picture of the file?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Not quite sure what I am doing wrong, but can't seem to get it to work on a person.

What isn't working exactly?  Is the tattoo not showing up on the person or not showing up in the menu?