Sign in to follow this  
ForceTrainer

Cell Images and Treasure Maps

20 minutes ago, TheSlayerNL said:

I just got treasure maps working too, renaming those files as stated in the guide I linked before, is a bad idea!

I never had luck with renaming the files, but other folks did.  A re-upload of the files in the correct format the first time seemed to do the trick.

46 minutes ago, Lyr said:

@ForceTrainerWhere do i put the json files? 

I'm running on a hosted server, so it's all handled by their web interface.  I think there are a few guides related to dedicated servers and how to manage the json file uploads, but I haven't read through them.

58 minutes ago, ForceTrainer said:

I'm running on a hosted server, so it's all handled by their web interface.  I think there are a few guides related to dedicated servers and how to manage the json file uploads, but I haven't read through them.

I am on Nitrado.. the issue I am having is after i edited the map... the islands arent there in game. they are on the map.. but when you get to where they should be .. they arent there. Everything else is working fine now.

Nitrado's page on how to setup a server is pretty straight forward and tells you where to upload everything.  Definitely check this out:

https://wiki.nitrado.net/en/Setting_up_an_Atlas_Nitrado_Server

You definitely need to reboot all servers after you upload the JSON file and then destroy all wild dinos (it's in the ShowMyAdminManager console) so that spawns realign to where you have land.

i am having that issuse on dedicated servers and i have tried changing it to jpg and all that and nothing it is still blank and it is in the server grind file

5 minutes ago, dogdaytona said:

i am having that issuse on dedicated servers and i have tried changing it to jpg and all that and nothing it is still blank and it is in the server grind file

@dogdaytona You need to make sure you have the newest version of the grid editor, and it should make them jpegs when you export them. renaming them alone didnt work for me. Also make sure you delete your map image cache, that was what was keeping mine from fixing. Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved  open the folder called MapImagescache and delete whats in it. 

49 minutes ago, ForceTrainer said:

Nitrado's page on how to setup a server is pretty straight forward and tells you where to upload everything.  Definitely check this out:

You definitely need to reboot all servers after you upload the JSON file and then destroy all wild dinos (it's in the ShowMyAdminManager console) so that spawns realign to where you have land.

Thx I will try that and see what happens... Thx a ton:-) You are a 🍑

1 minute ago, dogdaytona said:

i tried that @Lyr

Do you have nitrado?

eh ok well I am no help with that sorry :-{ Hopefully someone else can help

Edited by Lyr

8 hours ago, dogdaytona said:

thanks for trying! @Lyr it does mean a ton that you at least tired.

Check the  "MetaWorldURL": tag in the ServerGrid.json

I pointed it to the image folder on my website and it seems to work now. (  "MetaWorldURL": "http://www.yourwebsite.com/ServerGrid/",)

https://wiki.nitrado.net/en/Server_Grid_Editor

On 12/30/2018 at 2:36 AM, ForceTrainer said:

That link says to upload servergrid.json.....this one says cluster-config.json  ..Havent tried to do this yet to see if it works.. currently waiting on nitrado to wipe and reinstall my servers.  Nitrado did tell me that alot of people are breaking their servers doing this. This may be why...https://wiki.nitrado.net/en/Server_Grid_Editor

On 12/29/2018 at 11:54 PM, Lyr said:

I am on Nitrado.. the issue I am having is after i edited the map... the islands arent there in game. they are on the map.. but when you get to where they should be .. they arent there. Everything else is working fine now.

I also use Nitrado. I found I had to edit all the server ports on the map for the islands to be visible in game. We sailed there, and no islands appeared. Nitrado says you don't have to mess with the ports, they do it automatically, however, I have yet to have it work without messing with the ports.

On Nitrado, I used 27000 for seamless, 57555 and 5755 for game ports.

21 minutes ago, Wilddogsgamer said:

I also use Nitrado. I found I had to edit all the server ports on the map for the islands to be visible in game. We sailed there, and no islands appeared. Nitrado says you don't have to mess with the ports, they do it automatically, however, I have yet to have it work without messing with the ports.

On Nitrado, I used 27000 for seamless, 57555 and 5755 for game ports.

what file did you upload? I uploaded the servergrid.json using the upload config button and it broke my server

8 minutes ago, Lyr said:

what file did you upload? I uploaded the servergrid.json using the upload config button and it broke my server

If that is the default servergrid.json, with 15x15 grid, I used it for a while, but kept having problems with it. Thankfully, I had downloaded a copy of cluster-grid.json before screwing with it, so I just edited it to add in my extra cells.

2 minutes ago, Wilddogsgamer said:

If that is the default servergrid.json, with 15x15 grid, I used it for a while, but kept having problems with it. Thankfully, I had downloaded a copy of cluster-grid.json before screwing with it, so I just edited it to add in my extra cells.

thx.. yeah apparently you are supposed to edit the config one not the default one in the editor..I think thats what broke mine. I guess that how you learn.. by screwing stuff up..LOL. I just uploaded a new one using the config file so hopefully it works!!!! at least if i mess it up they are redoing them anyways..LOL

4 minutes ago, Lyr said:

thx.. yeah apparently you are supposed to edit the config one not the default one in the editor..I think thats what broke mine. I guess that how you learn.. by screwing stuff up..LOL. I just uploaded a new one using the config file so hopefully it works!!!! at least if i mess it up they are redoing them anyways..LOL

LOL, I wiped 4 times the first week we opened. I made a LOT of mistakes, a LOT of learning experiences. Still waiting for Nitrado to help me resolve 1 of them, I have a useless server for a week now, they are charging me for, but can't add Atlas back to it. Kind of tired of it actually. Their CS sucks.

22 minutes ago, Wilddogsgamer said:

LOL, I wiped 4 times the first week we opened. I made a LOT of mistakes, a LOT of learning experiences. Still waiting for Nitrado to help me resolve 1 of them, I have a useless server for a week now, they are charging me for, but can't add Atlas back to it. Kind of tired of it actually. Their CS sucks.

it worked!!! 🙂  Actually I have been with Nitrado for years and their customer service has always been awesome. I have tried other companies at the suggestion of other people and I dumped them. If you are basing that opinion on  Atlas, dont. This is a huge project and the installations are complicated and people like us they screw up their stuff then need help arent helping them get everyones servers online..LOL. Normally when you need help they are right on it. This is the first time I have ever had to wait. 

44 minutes ago, Lyr said:

it worked!!! 🙂  Actually I have been with Nitrado for years and their customer service has always been awesome. I have tried other companies at the suggestion of other people and I dumped them. If you are basing that opinion on  Atlas, dont. This is a huge project and the installations are complicated and people like us they screw up their stuff then need help arent helping them get everyones servers online..LOL. Normally when you need help they are right on it. This is the first time I have ever had to wait. 

I have been with Nitrado for 4 years. Never had to file a ticket with them until now, so have no idea how their CS normally is.