Sign in to follow this  
Robert Tyburne

PvE vs. PvP - Game Systems Potential

Do we have a good idea of what the differences in play are, besides the obvious lack of being able to hurt players? I'll confess that I have a harder time seeing such systems as government or trading really matter in a world where there's no player on player action. Is the monster faction going to provide opportunities for these systems to function to their greatest potential?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robert Tyburne said:

Do we have a good idea of what the differences in play are, besides the obvious lack of being able to hurt players? I'll confess that I have a harder time seeing such systems as government or trading really matter in a world where there's no player on player action. Is the monster faction going to provide opportunities for these systems to function to their greatest potential?

I believe it depends on the necessity for specific items and the difficulty to obtain them. Obviously in a PvP server, you have the added risk of dying to players, so the marketplace/trading system will probably be more useful, therefore being stronger in comparison. However, if specific items are difficult to obtain, then PvE could also have a strong economy/marketplace/trading system. I think we will really just have to wait and see how it ends up playing out in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

I believe it depends on the necessity for specific items and the difficulty to obtain them. Obviously in a PvP server, you have the added risk of dying to players, so the marketplace/trading system will probably be more useful, therefore being stronger in comparison. However, if specific items are difficult to obtain, then PvE could also have a strong economy/marketplace/trading system. I think we will really just have to wait and see how it ends up playing out in the coming weeks.

Hoping that is the case for pve economy is a big part of games, 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

Having legit scarcity tied to geography is exactly what I'm hoping for so that we can have that economy game be a thing. Part of what makes games like EVE so appealing for the economy players.

1 minute ago, Laox said:

Hoping that is the case for pve economy is a big part of games, 

I'm hoping so as well. I'm not a huge fan of PvP in survival games such as this, so I am hoping that there will be ways implemented for a PvE server economy to thrive. 

while i do like pvp there is just to many factors that i dont want, its if you cant be on 24/7 or dont have a big tribe pvp is hard, so hoping pve has a good economy

2 minutes ago, Robert Tyburne said:

Having legit scarcity tied to geography is exactly what I'm hoping for so that we can have that economy game be a thing. Part of what makes games like EVE so appealing for the economy players.

I think it is important to have some degree of scarcity tied to geography in order for an economy to flourish, in both PvE and PvP. I think it is even more so important to have that in a PvE style server. I'll be interested to see what other factors will impact it.

I'll admit being a bit confused by the title. I thought this was going to be about having the PvE servers fight the PvP servers.

I was just going to say that I'm pretty sure the PvP servers would win that.

lmao

Just now, Majic said:

I'll admit being a bit confused by the title. I thought this was going to be about having the PvE servers fight the PvP servers.

I was just going to say that I'm pretty sure the PvP servers would win that.

that would be fun to watch xD

1 minute ago, Joe said:

I think it is important to have some degree of scarcity tied to geography in order for an economy to flourish, in both PvE and PvP. I think it is even more so important to have that in a PvE style server. I'll be interested to see what other factors will impact it.

I would be interested to watch that aswell