Sign in to follow this  
xanakor

This does not have a real PVE mode.

Dear Devs.

I really have a problem with how you "balance" PVE. Letting griefers claim whole islands, letting them take over what you have grinded for, this is not how PVE should be like.

any clan/company should be limited to a couple of flags, and claiming others places has nothing to do with PVE. 

A start to balancing PVE mode (claiming) could be a 5-6 day inactivity countdown, after that the base could start to deteriorate and be gone within 3 days. 

• Like 1

There will be a bunch of upcoming balance adjustments to help PvE people out, we are in the very very early stage of a prob close to 2 year early access. It will only get better mate stick with it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

There will be a bunch of upcoming balance adjustments to help PvE people out, we are in the very very early stage of a prob close to 2 year early access. It will only get better mate stick with it!

i have been through Ark since the week it released, so i have no doubt it will get better. I just find it very hard to comprehend that they implimented a system that i so poorly thought out.

5 minutes ago, xanakor said:

i have been through Ark since the week it released, so i have no doubt it will get better. I just find it very hard to comprehend that they implimented a system that i so poorly thought out.

I'm sure this game was designed for PvP and PvE server just to satisfy some of the masses. Things will need to be sorted but it will take time

1 minute ago, Hackjob said:

I'm sure this game was designed for PvP and PvE server just to satisfy some of the masses. Things will need to be sorted but it will take time

Not sure when "PvP" started to stand for griefing tho. Official PvP is just a grief and offline raid fest.  Same was true for Ark.  It isn't real PvP 90% of the time.  The most popular PvP servers in Ark were usually Arkpocalypse or Unofficial servers, where rates were dramatically increased over vanilla so that the constant grieving didn't have as much of a negative impact.

1 minute ago, Widgit said:

Not sure when "PvP" started to stand for griefing tho. Official PvP is just a grief and offline raid fest.  Same was true for Ark.  It isn't real PvP 90% of the time.  The most popular PvP servers in Ark were usually Arkpocalypse or Unofficial servers, where rates were dramatically increased over vanilla so that the constant grieving didn't have as much of a negative impact.

Griefing is a human thing not a game thing. Very difficult to get rid of griefing entirely cause there's always that 1 a**hole 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, xanakor said:

It is not that it is poorly thought out, it is only partially implemented. Like the first mate said, they have plans to improve it, but what we have now is just the first iteration of the feature. I too think it is really bad and want to see it improved.

My ideas:

1) Limit the number of claims per person.

2) Have them decay and be claimed (this is already in place, but doesn't seem to work correctly).

3) Also if the limit is 2 per person, when you try to claim a 3rd, it lets you select a claim to be replaced with this one. That way if you can't get to a claim, you can remove it from a remote location by claiming in a new location.