lightpyro83

Has someone made Guide server making ??

hi i was trying to setup server for this game but since is more needed to do than in Ark i had wish i had found a video to follow on some are well explained for this game..

yeah i know there is some dedicated server setup video but they are not as this game. so is kind of waste.

so im looking for if someone has made or can make a full guide and well explained...

i was trying to follow this guide   :: https://www.drac346.net/2018/12/atlas-dedicated-server-using-steamcmd.html

but is not tell complete what i need to know since i never done server with JSON files before..

i need a video guide of this guide for this game.. 

i would be happy to see if someone cun take a time to make a guide full explain to help out..

Mybe there is someone else need this as i does too ..

and i will thank who ever will do this part in advance..

:classic_biggrin:

19 hours ago, Teach said:

Thanks sir this was very helpful but where can i add my password so no random ppl gets in ? without i invite them. and where can i change the server from PvP to PVE

11 minutes ago, lightpyro83 said:

Thanks sir this was very helpful but where can i add my password so no random ppl gets in ? without i invite them. and where can i change the server from PvP to PVE

89daabf670.png

In the middle, above "BaseServerArgs" is "Atlas Password"

26 minutes ago, Teach said:

89daabf670.png

okey thanks But what is going for change from pvp to Pve ?? is it in there too ??

8 hours ago, Teach said:

89daabf670.png

i got a issue after i tryed to add password and then i gets crashing all the time . i did not have that issue before i did that..

i tryed to remove password again and did not help i have even try to set it up from start again too and that did not help either..

so how to fix this issue ???

here is the picture.. 

UE4 Shootergame crash.JPG

13 minutes ago, jeppekroezen said:

@lightpyro83

read the first sentence????? ur redis is not on!

Oh thanks.. i did not notice that one , i have now done so i use redis bat file to start the server bat too 🙂 

i won't forget this now 🙂 

On 12/29/2018 at 9:33 PM, Teach said:

89daabf670.png

what file is to change the resourse spawning time and those other.. i have forgot what file it was on Ark too ... ???

Edited by lightpyro83

On 12/30/2018 at 7:00 AM, lightpyro83 said:

okey thanks But what is going for change from pvp to Pve ?? is it in there too ??

add the pve setting in the launching bat file

pve_setting.jpg

can i ask for the map in game how do you set that up? i just cant seem to get the in game map working it is in the server grid file and it is a jpg and nothing am i missing something?

1 minute ago, dogdaytona said:

can i ask for the map in game how do you set that up? i just cant seem to get the in game map working it is in the server grid file and it is a jpg and nothing am i missing something?

if you follow step for step from the guy some post the guide in top of this thread that should help you.. i was follow it myself.  i was follow it 100%. and download all the files as he had posted too

7 minutes ago, lightpyro83 said:

if you follow step for step from the guy some post the guide in top of this thread that should help you.. i was follow it myself.  i was follow it 100%. and download all the files as he had posted too

i did it as it said and the in game map and treasure map doesn't work it is blank 

22 minutes ago, dogdaytona said:

i did it as it said and the in game map and treasure map doesn't work it is blank 

do you have discord ?

Edited by lightpyro83

4 minutes ago, dogdaytona said:

well i don't have access to the server files i am working with the server owner to try to fix the problem 

He is using an outdated version of ServerGridEditor to export his maps and is missing the MapIMG or CellIMG file

2 minutes ago, dogdaytona said:

well i don't have access to the server files i am working with the server owner to try to fix the problem 

well then i would say try to redo the setup and follow the guide and double check before you go to next step...

But is it on you friend pc or a rented server ?

3 hours ago, DeepSeaDuo said:

https://www.drac346.net/2018/12/atlas-dedicated-server-setup-main-menu.html

<edit>  I think Drac and I must have hit reply at the same time 🙂

you must have miss understand what i mean.. follow TEACH guide link from the top. he has better understanding and showing how things shall be. :classic_biggrin:

the link i was posted was something i tryed to follow but i cun not understand it well... so is up to you what you trying to follow but i prefer TEACH's guide

1 hour ago, lightpyro83 said:

you must have miss understand what i mean.. follow TEACH guide link from the top. he has better understanding and showing how things shall be. :classic_biggrin:

the link i was posted was something i tryed to follow but i cun not understand it well... so is up to you what you trying to follow but i prefer TEACH's guide

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Beware that TEACH's guide misses some stuff out though.  It's not as complete as Drac's guide.

11 hours ago, Teach said:

He is using an outdated version of ServerGridEditor to export his maps and is missing the MapIMG or CellIMG file

we updated are server grid editor 

5 hours ago, DeepSeaDuo said:

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Beware that TEACH's guide misses some stuff out though.  It's not as complete as Drac's guide.

What's missing?

Don't get me wrong; telling people to "beware" of my guide is quite amusing xD

Edited by Teach

2 minutes ago, dogdaytona said:

@Teach it is a issue where we are not getting in game map or spawn map

My guide doesn't result in missing Map/CellImg files though? lol?