Siberio

Thanks god the nerfed the ship of the damned spawns

Yeah.  It is pretty bad my friend. I hope they fix it soon.  It may be that the spawns that were out before the patch to fix them are still on the board and must be dealt with.  I just don't see a way to deal with them. People have tried and people have died since the cursed things are social you engage one and then five more hop in fight.

If ships and cannons were more attainable we might be able to kill them off. I can barley get the metal for a pick let alone cannons and ammo

Edited by Hackjob

Atop of all this building a ship even a sloop is not an easy or fast task. We are all "rafters" now.

Edited by Cpt.Zuln

Actually my friend who finally got into the game just yesterday, and we finally met up in game today got her raft destroyed by ship of the damned. We were both piloting rafts towards a treasure zone for a map I'd picked up. We passed through a zone wall, there were ships of the damned on the other side. No big deal we'd already passed several. I sail through untouched, one of them attacks and sinks her raft. WTH.

What also sucks is that they don't render in until you are almost on top of them, and their loot is way worse than the expense of the cannonballs to sink them.

Edited by Robben DuMarsch

If you dont own a first rate ship-of-the-line with 102 cannons you wont survive rhe green and red gangbangers. Sloop is down in 5 salvos of ONE ship of the damned.

Love my raft 🙂

They should really consider reducing the number of spawns rather than continue to nerf the 'ranges'

20181229022829_1.jpg

8 hours ago, Robben DuMarsch said:

What also sucks is that they don't render in until you are almost on top of them, and their loot is way worse than the expense of the cannonballs to sink them.

I'm pretty sure they spawn on top of your location, when you sail you actually see a glow green appear before the ghost ship show up. And ye they are not worth it at all, they should drop enough mats for repair and metal used for canons balls. Also cannon are just bad, they do no damage, even in pvp you really need to work on it to sink a ship,  i guess it's fine if you want to let people flee, but on damned ship they should sink them in like 3 to 5 shots, ship maneuvering on sail alone is not a joke, i don't know if the dev ever sailed but the simple fact they put sail vs motor boat is pretty stupid to start with, unless the damned turn like slugs.