Sign in to follow this  
Keins Thallow

Live Stream of the Devs working

This is a crazy idea, but hear me out.  Imagine if there was a live stream of the Devs workspace, showing them working on the problems were experiencing at the moment.  Once in a while walking past the camera and giving an update on what they are doing. I don't mean like 24/7, just for the evening while they get things working again.  How much good will would that buy if we saw that they were actually people working on a solution to get everyone in game.  Answering questions that people posted, keeping us informed and engaged. Being part of the community instead of just "the devs".  I know it's a ridiculous idea but how would you the user feel? No different? Still angry? Understanding?

• Like 1

Just now, Keins Thallow said:

This is a crazy idea, but hear me out.  Imagine if there was a live stream of the Devs workspace, showing them working on the problems were experiencing at the moment.  Once in a while walking past the camera and giving an update on what they are doing. I don't mean like 24/7, just for the evening while they get things working again.  How much good will would that buy if we saw that they were actually people working on a solution to get everyone in game.  Answering questions that people posted, keeping us informed and engaged. Being part of the community instead of just "the devs".  I know it's a ridiculous idea but how would you the user feel? No different? Still angry? Understanding?

I don't think it would really change the information flow from developer to player. If anything I think it would just put added unnecessary pressure onto the developer team to have thousands of people in a chat scream at them even though they are working hard to fix the issues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

Enh, not sure they would appreciate that... also very boring as a ton of their work is error checking and not very visual.

^^^ This right here is why this is a bad idea. It would look like nothing is getting done. Mostly would be people sitting at desks, would only stoke the fire.

I didn't mean like us talking to devs or seeing what they are working on, just have some PR person who is social media savvy streaming  with them in the back ground answering general questions about the game and keeping ppl up to date.  And of course I don't expect them to do this, was more of a random shower though while we wait.

• Like 1

Just now, Keins Thallow said:

I didn't mean like us talking to devs or seeing what they are working on, just have some PR person who is social media savvy streaming  with them in the back ground answering general questions about the game and keeping ppl up to date.  And of course I don't expect them to do this, was more of a random shower though while we wait.

I understand your thought process on the idea, I just don't see the implementation of the idea working out positively for the company. Good food for thought though!

• Like 1

I saw people tanking the reviews on steam when its been out for less than a day and we knew there would be problems on launch.   If i was their pr department what would I do to calm the fires. Again it was just a random though prob better kept to myself.

5 minutes ago, Keins Thallow said:

I saw people tanking the reviews on steam when its been out for less than a day and we knew there would be problems on launch.   If i was their pr department what would I do to calm the fires. Again it was just a random though prob better kept to myself.

Well, I definitely think there are better ways to handle PR compared to what they have done so far. There is nothing wrong with expressing opinions. 😛 

• Like 1