Sign in to follow this  
Tiberius_theron

So we're right back to the Devs ignoring the player base AGAIN!

18 minutes ago, BoOoM said:

ignorance and attotude at glance. you guys should learn coding. do you think they just click a checkmark here and there and *poof* changes in the code magically happen? 
coding is difficult. takes time. if code is bugged ( and since they code in c++ it is a shitfest of messy code by default ) it might take even longer. 
go try it. write a tetris game, see how much it takes.

Yeah I can imagine that crappy devs would have a really hard time with all that. Thanks for clearing that up 👍

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, McGimp said:

And for the record to all the EA guys - im a game player not a game developer. Meaning i find problems, iT is not my resposibility to provide solutions. Maybe now and then ill have an idea to present the devs. But its not my responsibilty to couch every complaint in a prospective solution. It is the devs responsibility to determine whether the complaint is valid and worth adressing. Saying ea does nothing to move the ball forward. Consider that next time you think to post - “come on though guys its ea”.

I am just a player. Its not my job to fix the game. Convincing me will not get the game fixed.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah I can imagine that crappy devs would have a really hard time with all that. Thanks for clearing that up 👍

Not sure if anyone has mentioned, but your posts are super negative and actually are detrimental to the enjoyment that a lot of other players are having with the game, when we come to browse the forums for useful and constructive comments.  There's no need to be trolling relentlessly.  Anyone ever tell you that?

Is there a moderator or anything that can get rid of this dude/dudette?

2 hours ago, wakko151 said:

I love you Archaegeo.

Why just him?

I thought we had something special.  You never call. You never text. All I get is your voicemail. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wakko151 said:

I am just a player. Its not my job to fix the game. Convincing me will not get the game fixed.

This post. 

This post right here...

Is my favorite post today.

I love you Wakko.

why won’t you answer my texts?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius_theron said:

So we're right back to the Devs ignoring the player base AGAIN! Ghost Ships still spawning by the hundreds out to sea. When they need to be an EXTREMELY RARE SPAWN! LESS THAN 1% CHANCE! Skills system still sucks balls also, solo play is dead, small group play is dead. 

I don't understand this logic. I play solo and I play with a small group of 4 people. Game play isn't dead you just lack patience for an EA game. I do agree that the Ships of the Damned are too large in number even after an apparent 60% spawn rate reduction - but I feel that it's possible that even if they reduced the spawn rate, it didn't actually kill any of the ships already spawned on the server. They definitely have way to many to allow ships without protection to slip through right now.

On the talent point thing, it's a needed change. Right now, it's too aggressive. Blueprints exist to help combat the need to take certain skills, but without question, I should not have to dump 12 points into archery with 3 talents to unlock fire arrows, a second row talent. They either need to restructure the tree or effectively half the costs of each skill that is above a value of 1 or 2.

1 hour ago, Domino said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned, but your posts are super negative and actually are detrimental to the enjoyment that a lot of other players are having with the game, when we come to browse the forums for useful and constructive comments.  There's no need to be trolling relentlessly.  Anyone ever tell you that?

Is there a moderator or anything that can get rid of this dude/dudette?

Oh I have heard a lot of stuff from people just as bad as me 😂 not a troll though. Trips do things for no reason, I have a definite reason 

to answer you second part, no

3 hours ago, wHaCkEd said:

I don't understand this logic. I play solo and I play with a small group of 4 people. Game play isn't dead you just lack patience for an EA game. I do agree that the Ships of the Damned are too large in number even after an apparent 60% spawn rate reduction - but I feel that it's possible that even if they reduced the spawn rate, it didn't actually kill any of the ships already spawned on the server. They definitely have way to many to allow ships without protection to slip through right now.

On the talent point thing, it's a needed change. Right now, it's too aggressive. Blueprints exist to help combat the need to take certain skills, but without question, I should not have to dump 12 points into archery with 3 talents to unlock fire arrows, a second row talent. They either need to restructure the tree or effectively half the costs of each skill that is above a value of 1 or 2.

When they reduced the spawn rate, they should also in conjuction with that, have wiped effectively the amount of ghost ships equivalent to the reduction amount, not buts, just action.

In regards to the skill tree, I agree it was a needed change and it was certainly too aggressive. Restructuring the skill trees I think is necessary at this point. You could say some of the skills that have a much higher cost in comparison to their placement in their skill tree, just means that they should be located further down and have their cost reduced appropriately.

The devs looking through these forums right now: "This is going to be a really long two years of early access."

12 hours ago, Realist said:

Dude I am not even a pc gamer. I don’t like wildcard plain and simple. I won’t stand for shotty workmanship and shady business practices. They are a horrible company 

Wait... You are not a PC gamer and don't play the game but you are here just to be a troll on the forums because you don't like wildcard?

LOL

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, archaegeo said:

And go make a game to learn about the process. 

They said EA.  It is.

They said a 2 year development process, its been 6 days.

So rather than just insulting people to make a point, provide proof.  Right now they are still making daily patches, every one of which addresses player feedback.  And this through a Christmas holiday.

Sorry the game isnt ready for you, but they told you prior to your buying it that it would be 2 years to get it ready.

YOU WANT PROOF? https://gyazo.com/0975be56097afd51b7851a028d7a2f52 Been through 4 sloops now

40 minutes ago, Black Beard said:

YOU WANT PROOF? https://gyazo.com/0975be56097afd51b7851a028d7a2f52 Been through 4 sloops now

I’m sure he was talking about the other insults people make without any knowledge or proof. 

As for the topic: If you would’ve done any kind of research you would know they are aware of the issue and are patching it. No idea why there is a topic like this. 

Personally i dont really care anymore...its pretty obvious the Devs ignore most of these Threads. I know other game Companies having at least some Forum Moderators as a middle way to communicate between Developers and Community. But here...well well. 

I wouldnt even complain much about the new reworked Skilltree and requirements of Points you need to unlock a new Skill if they have made it just like Ark. When you played in Ark in a group you got EXP for everything you and your group did. Chopping wood, Getting Stone or Flint, collecting fibers blabla...in Atlas you actually just get some points for Hunting.

But my main Focus for complaining is actually still the Spoiling of Food. This is just ridiculous.  You hunt an Animal, get the meat and 1 meat has a spoiling time of 10min. You gonna Cook the meat which should preserve it actually longer...nope 10mins spoiltime. Even worse Farming. This Skill is personally totally useless. You place some Large plots somewhere plant like Wheat in it....it takes a couple of hours to grow and when you harvest it...it spoils after only 5minutes???

So and for all who wanna know why nothing is working ...check the pic lol...

uztrt69yww621.png

• Like 2

13 hours ago, wakko151 said:

whats your point? 

14 hours ago, BoOoM said:

ignorance and attotude at glance. you guys should learn coding. do you think they just click a checkmark here and there and *poof* changes in the code magically happen? 
coding is difficult. takes time. if code is bugged ( and since they code in c++ it is a shitfest of messy code by default ) it might take even longer. 
go try it. write a tetris game, see how much it takes.

its their job dude, they get paid to do it. i have no doubt its challenging.. thats part of the reason why they are paid what they are paid.  for example though - if the wheels fall off my car, the manufacturer cant just say - its tough to make a car why dont you try doing it .

are you insane?

Edited by McGimp

2 hours ago, Percieval said:

I’m sure he was talking about the other insults people make without any knowledge or proof. 

As for the topic: If you would’ve done any kind of research you would know they are aware of the issue and are patching it. No idea why there is a topic like this. 

because it has been an on-going issue for three days and the patch didnt do anything with any real impact to address the problem. People are still landlocked for the most part. 

Its been a week and the majority of the player base has yet to see any content beyond a shabby raft.

Edited by McGimp

Just now, McGimp said:

because it has been an on-going issue for three days and the patch didnt do anything to adress the problem.

Check their twitter again. 

i saw 50% reduced aggro is a terrible nerf, and there will still be complaints about them tomorrow because it isnt enough to get people back on the water. Quote me on that - its a guarantee that that nerf wont be enough and they do nothing else to them all day tomorrow. Another day on the raft for 75% of the player base.

Edited by McGimp

1 hour ago, Blackstone30 said:

So and for all who wanna know why nothing is working ...check the pic lol...

uztrt69yww621.png

This screen is pointless... they are still ppl, they need rest and do something else than programing, etc... or u think they have 24/7 worktime..?

14 hours ago, wakko151 said:

my apologies , if you are "just" a player ... then you ( and most others here) a fucking ignorant , arrogant and dumb players. 
I apologize again for what is about to be written : THIS IS A FUCKING EA TITLE.  of course you can just switch off your brain and ... no ... you can just leave it switched off and try to play this mess , wich we all knew or predicted to be exactly that , a fucking mess. we know the devs , we know the other game , everyone who expected this game to be the best adventure ever is just fucking braindead. the kind of braindead and naive that gets married after 2 days chatting on tinder. 

Now crying on the forums or being this arrogant dipshit aka "I am just a player. Its not my job to fix the game. Convincing me will not get the game fixed." ... yes you are right. But you filing bug reports in a respectful and helpful way WILL help get the game fixed. but you all chose to be assholes.  applause.

11 minutes ago, Taraky said:

This screen is pointless... they are still ppl, they need rest and do something else than programing, etc... or u think they have 24/7 worktime..?

i am making a game too. its gonna be so good , that i will play it. their game is so terrible that they rather play rust ;D

Edited by BoOoM

3 minutes ago, BoOoM said:

i am making a game too. its gonna be so good , that i will play it. their game is so terrible that they rather play rust ;D

dont troll, u know very well what i thought...

12 minutes ago, Taraky said:

dont troll, u know very well what i thought...

i am actually very serious about this.