Sign in to follow this  
MagicPuncher

Spawning NPC Ships

If anyone knows of a good resource, please let me know, but I can't really find anything. I've made ships paths in the editor, and when I Ctrl + click on them it brings up a window with 2 main values: AutoSpawnEveryUTCInterval and AutoSpawnShipClass.

I assume the spawn interval is how often a ship spawns on the path, but for one I don't know how long a UTC interval is. For 2, let's say a UTC Interval is 1 hour, if I put a value of one, does a ship spawn every hour? Do they ever despawn? Or does one path only ever have one ship on it?

For the AutoSpawnShipClass, I assume this is what kind of ship, be it a Ship of the Damned, Ghost Ship, Trading Ships, Pirate ship.... First of all, I'm not sure those latter 2 are even in the game. I assume they must be, but have never heard of them. But I digress I actually found this line in the example json file from the github:

"AutoSpawnShipClass": "Blueprint'/Game/Atlas/ShipPaths/PathFollowingGhostShip_BP.PathFollowingGhostShip_BP'",

So I assume I could paste that in and spawn a ghost ship, but I am more interested in trading vessels to hit. Anyone have any leads for me?

In case anyone cares, in the example ServerGrid.json that Grapeshot provided, it has the line to spawn ghost ships at an interval of 21600. It also has other Paths made with names like "NPCTrader1", however the Ship Class is left blank and the Spawn Rate is 0. So I'm thinking there aren't even NPC Trade ships in the game yet.

On my custom map I have three ship paths with path name NPC1, NPC2, and NPC3. AutoSpawnEveryUTCInterval 0. I have auto spawn at first node checked and that's it. Last night, I crossed one of the paths on my raft and ended up finding a merchant ship.

30 minutes ago, MagicPuncher said:

In case anyone cares, in the example ServerGrid.json that Grapeshot provided, it has the line to spawn ghost ships at an interval of 21600. It also has other Paths made with names like "NPCTrader1", however the Ship Class is left blank and the Spawn Rate is 0. So I'm thinking there aren't even NPC Trade ships in the game yet.

It's in seconds, so 21600 would be 360 minutes or 6 hours. I've reduced that because i only have 1 route.

5 hours ago, MagicPuncher said:

"AutoSpawnShipClass": "Blueprint'/Game/Atlas/ShipPaths/PathFollowingGhostShip_BP.PathFollowingGhostShip_BP'",

So I assume I could paste that in and spawn a ghost ship, but I am more interested in trading vessels to hit. Anyone have any leads for me?

I have only 

NpcTrader5

In the NPC Path and i get trading vessels

I have commercial routes and ghost ships, but something goes wrong, I have the time to respawn every 14400 and it does not work. in a few hours I have about 100 merchant ships on the trade routes

this is the ghost ship config:

"PathId": 2,
      "isLooping": true,
      "PathName": "GhostShip",
      "AutoSpawnEveryUTCInterval": 14400,
      "autoSpawn": true

this is the trader ship config:

"PathId": 3,
      "isLooping": false,
      "PathName": "Raft",
      "AutoSpawnShipClass": "Blueprint'/Game/Atlas/ShipPaths/PathFollowingRaft_BP.PathFollowingRaft_BP'",
      "AutoSpawnEveryUTCInterval": 28800,
      "autoSpawn": true

Edited by survival