Sign in to follow this  
jay pit

Why isn't there a way to deploy the emergency ladder from trading water below it

Like why does it roll itself up to begin with? Should roll down in the e pop up wheel shaped menu. Boat shouldn't lock you out. Had to wait till water got so choppy a wave tossed me back in my boat. In in-between I had tried to make a grapple hook, as someone advised me, but the engram is in the smithy? I'd think if that's the janky emergency ladder it would be a inventory engram ffs. But getting back in the boat should be like the easiest thing in the world in this game, it's like oh that reminds me getting back on the dock in free port isn't cheddar, neither is getting up on your raft. Why not e to ride the raft?

I think it's to prevent other players from boarding your boat.

You could always kill yourself and respawn on the bed in your boat.

FYI, these forums are a ghost town and I doubt any devs pay attention here.  Most players hang out in Discord.

L toggles ladders only when you're on steering wheel? That looks backwards to me. Pull that from that functionally so people trying to look at company log book while sailing don't lose their ladders anymore. And or push that functionally to treading water, like the wheel menu