Since i read they are planning to rework melee combat (and add new weapons) i just wanted to give a suggestion.

Instead of having 5-6? Keys to attack a mix of mount and blade and Skyrim melee would be great.

For those who don't know in m&b you use mouse to decide your attack and block directions.

Down - Stab/block

Up - Down swing/block

Left - Right swipe/block

Right - Left swipe/block

But the problem with m&b pvp is you can just hold the LMB forever and attack whenever you want or spam attack and block so I thought of adding the Skyrim heavy attacks when you hold the key. 

So if you hold down the key instead of canceling with block or dodge you start a heavy attack which you are committed and can't cancel. You become immobile giving enemy a chance to attack you, shield bash interruptions always stunning you.

Heavy attacks have a increased damage at the cost of stamina and always staggering opponent.

Dodge:

Its still the same back/side step, i tought of adding rolling for hide armor but decided it might be better as a feat.

You can't back step stabs and down swings and you can't side step side swings, you will take damage.

Timed dodges will increase your next attack speed greatly but for a reduced damage for a very short duration

Block and parry:

It's the same expect you also have to block up and down now.

You can block heavy attacks but you will be stunned and your weapon will lose more durability.

Timed blocks(parry) will change your next attack to heavy attack with increased speed for a very short duration

all blocks and parries will damage weapons durability

Shieldbash:

Stuns enemy if used while enemy charges up for a heavy attack.

Staggers enemy if used before enemy basic attacks land (like parrying with a shield)

Staggering:

Its a short interruption also slightly pushing you back. You take slightly increased damage while staggered.

Stagger duration is lower the higher tiered your armor is 

Cloth common = ... = myth < Hide < common < ... < Myth < plate common < myth 

Basic & heavy attacks:

Mouse up - Down swing / heavy down swing

Can't be dodged by backs stepping / Deals increased damage and greatly increased stagger time 

Mouse down - stab / heavy stab

Can't be dodged by back stepping, greatly reduced damage but very quick / normal damage, still faster than other heavy attacks and slows the speed if used on staggered enemy

Mouse left & right - side sweep / heavy side sweep

Normal attack, increased speed if used in succession on opposite sides (L,R,L,R) / increased damage, applies bleeding (does not stack but resets duration)

That's it then. I'd like to hear your thoughts and please tell me if I missed to explain something

So anyway i just got overexcited created account get everything off of my system and didn't really give it much of a thought on how it would work on laggy servers or how it would work on pvp since i only play single player. Good evening everyone.