Sign in to follow this  
Deacon

Can't get on sloop

So once I was ready to quit the game because I couldn't find any metal any where, I found out; through youtube vids because the wiki is about useless, that there is no metal on the start off island. So bought the sloop. 15 minutes of trying I couldn't go up the ladder to get on it. Swim up to the ladder see the prompt to climb tap E jumps away from the ladder. Hold E jumps away from the ladder, tap E and W jumps away from the ladder swims into the back. Tried everything I could think of then gave up.

And too late for a refund, stayed to long on the starter island. Very glad; after having this on my wish list for quite a while, that I paid less the $10 for it.

No, I'm not over loaded was my first thought, no I have no weapons in hand.

At this point I am quite happy I spent less the $10 on this.

Seems to be one of the best examples of what is wrong with game development today.

Oh I'm way past that. I have a cargo ship all full of supplies I can't use because the top part of the ladder went poof. Done with this game, telling people to avoid it.

• Thanks 1

This is an old bug that hasn’t been fixed. It happens when the boat is in shallow water.  You need to jump and hit climb in mid-air.  If it’s in a place where you can’t jump, build a wooden foundation (use a pillar if necessary) and jump from there.