JustSteez

Let's Talk About Maps And Treasure

Let me begin by saying, I've not put more than 3 days into single player on the Xbox preview. I totally understand this is a working progress and I totally understand these guys have a lot on their plate between ARK and this project. But by far when all the bugs and glitches get fixed, this will be my all time favorite game no doubt. There's so much to it and pirate games like these are what I live for. Now to the topic.

Really the only major change I could ask for would be the map system for finding treasure. I feel like there is zero challenge and I can just become rich instantly even on the hardest difficulty. I don't want to just see a big smudged X on barley half of an island, then have it tell me exactly what part of the grid it's in because honestly the grids are quite small with a freighter that goes 20knots with 40% weight. I played a bit of sot a while back and I rly like being able to find parts of maps at different islands or finding secret places like vaults that have gold and treasure. I want some real challenge in actually searching the seas for treasure. Trust me guys I have a blast taking over islands and fighting npc pirates and ships, I'm so glad they've added regular old npc pirate ships 😊. But seriously, when I come up to the island and see a big red marker in the sky screaming, "IM OVER HERE!" then I get there and some pirate homies jump out of the ground and I stomp them like they're ants and take a crap load of blueprints and gold. I feel like it's just way too easy, it's almost boring looking for treasure even though it's rewarding. I want clues, detailed maps, dungeons with treasure. I want that good stuff! 

Anyways that's really all I have to say. I hope the Xbox version gets some good bug fixes soon!