Sign in to follow this  
RitualCube4

Patch 555.2 Xbox crashes

New patch 555.2  landed on my Xbox Dec 20 2022, and the game now crashes continuously.

I appreciate the long-awaited fix of the polygon compass, crossbow, speargun and ballista but the game is now unplayable.

I've been patient, waited for the restart, and even exited to menu to save a stable game state, but the crashes are frequent and continuous.

I'm no expert, but it looks to me like loading data is the cause. For example, my maps bookshelf initially is filled with blank maps, that 'fill in' one by one, row by row. If I scroll down the revealed maps are also blank and fill in. If I scroll too quickly the game crashes back to the xbox home screen. It seems if I do anything too quickly, the game crashes.

Approaching new islands is always glitchy, but now a guaranteed crash.

Certain creatures are basic polygons until approached - pig, chicken, bear. Ship sails blocky before slowly becoming normal.

I have worked around problems such as maps no longer working upon visiting the powerstone with the dragon, but ya can't play a game that just crashes all the time.

Please try to fix before xmas

• Thanks 1

I've struggled on...

Frequent crashes, more on larger islands. 

Definitely an issue with maps. Often, just opening the main map crashes the game. If a storage container has more than 8 or so maps, the game crashes upon opening the container.

Pirate camps appear downgraded to min level. Higher level camps crash. When returning after the crash, the camp is downgraded.

Overall poor graphics and lots of glitchy landscaping (holes in mountains, blocks rather than rocks, polygons everywhere..

These are major issues affecting at least the single player xbox version, and a roll back to the previous patch would be preferable to the current game-state.

• Thanks 1