Sign in to follow this  
DannyUK

So how are things?

Dropped by to see how things are going and noticed they've gone even further backwards than going forwards, should I be surprised?

I hear they have reduced the map also? I sure won't be coming back to it. I enjoyed it more when the map was huge, it was part of the adventure of sailing around finding things. It used to be blacked out until you uncovered it, I enjoyed the mystery of not knowing where you are sailing.

I've had it uninstalled for over a year now, no plan on installing again. It is sad to see it being destroyed, with no other game out there it could have been the best pirate game ever. They are talking of coming out of early access, I think they better rethink that one.

Yeah, my company is sitting out this season due to the small grid and the early wipe of this season (frequent wipes are a waste of our time).   I believe they pulled the servers from players to "test an idea".  They should really just hire some more servers temporarily from NItrado, but I guess they're short on money or can't be bothered.  I read on discord they want to get to release 1Q 2023.  I can't even remotely see this happening if they're still "trying out ideas" and given the state this game currently is in.

Generally it's hard enough to find space to settle.  I'm curious what a 6v6 grid will be like.  I would assume you'll struggle to find anywhere to settle, but given the lack of players still playing, it could be doable.  I'm not willing to find out.

They hired a new community manager which looked promising, but if you (rightfully) express dissatisfaction with what they're doing you get banned (harassment) for a week or worse.

So yes, it's still a dumpster fire.  

Edited by Gorelander
  • Like 1