Sign in to follow this  
CrispyReload

PVE Positive Discussion

Hey Everyone,

As the title says I'm a fairly new player to PC Atlas. I' played this game a couple years ago on Xbox and wasn't my cup of tea as performance was struggling back then. I have sunk quite a bit of hours in, I have since upgraded to PC and am really enjoying this game again. Currently we just started a small company with a few friends, and we are loving the multicrew aspect of the game. I just wanted to highlight the positives of this game which can be hard sometimes as most of these discussions are pretty negative wanted to shine some light in a discussion for us all to talk about and share with each other.

Just some questions I wanted to see what you guys think.

What features are you looking forward to?
What are your current favorite features of the game?

Best experience or fondest memories in game?

Q:What features are you looking forward to?
A:A mostly bug free game?

Q:What are your current favorite features of the game?
A: 1.When the client or server crashes. I can go play some other game that works (mostly).
A: 2.I can drop lawless claims everywhere and prevent noobs from building anything.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxwJfQbHTJvYjFJdF2__l

Q:Best experience or fondest memories in game?
A: 1.Standing like a statue in one spot. The less you interact the fewer bugs you'll encounter.

Sorry for the short replies. Just spent the past hour searching for my bear after zoning (a 4 year old bug).

Edited by Jean Lafitte

22 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Q:What features are you looking forward to?
A:A mostly bug free game?

Q:What are your current favorite features of the game?
A: 1.When the client or server crashes. I can go play some other game that works (mostly).
A: 2.I can drop lawless claims everywhere and prevent noobs from building anything.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxwJfQbHTJvYjFJdF2__l

Q:Best experience or fondest memories in game?
A: 1.Standing like a statue in one spot. The less you interact the fewer bugs you'll encounter.

Sorry for the short replies. Just spent the past hour searching for my bear after zoning (a 4 year old bug).

Just a few points. I'm not sure what your on but I'm on PC and have not crashed once this season and I'm a few hundred hour in. I was thinking at last they got it running good.

Land is always in low supply at the start of each season but if you look you can find it. I saw a guy this week going on about this while sailing the grid when I knew the island I was on had open spots. He sounded so rude I didn't tell him. I didn't need to hear that everyday. Don't discount living on an owned island. At least to get started. My main base is on one this season. Never even seen the owner.

Nothing wrong with the towers. People need a buffer to stop the crazy stuff from closing in. Or they will quit also.

A simple way to stop losing bears when zoning. Slow before crossing a border to a creep. Stop as soon as you cross every time. Check if you have all your bears. If not he is right behind you. Leave it on high follow. He will swim to you and jump back on. Only an epic bear is worth searching for. Basic bears are a dime a dozen. On the bottom of M2 paradise I set out and un-claim 20+ a week.

The real problem with Atlas is new players have to figure all this out with little to no help. Making very simple things sometimes a nightmare. Knowledge makes your first 100 hours into 10 hours. But that knowledge is hard to come by.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:31 AM, Gemini Five said:

Just a few points. I'm not sure what your on but I'm on PC and have not crashed once this season and I'm a few hundred hour in. I was thinking at last they got it running good.

PC. And I'm not just talking crashing. I'm talking bugs like animals falling off boats, I'm talking tiles vanishing when placing other tiles, I'm talking placing objects and 'hoping' they'll appear where the blue outline actually is.  Bugs that have been in this game since day 1. And yes, I was here for that mess as well."

Land is always in low supply at the start of each season but if you look you can find it. I saw a guy this week going on about this while sailing the grid when I knew the island I was on had open spots. He sounded so rude I didn't tell him. I didn't need to hear that everyday. Don't discount living on an owned island. At least to get started. My main base is on one this season. Never even seen the owner.

I finally plopped down on an unclaimable island. Do I have any gathering structures?  Nope, not one. Entire island taken. I checked 6 grids, all of the islands before I gave up finding something claimable.  Claims allow people to just drop them anywhere, even on land they have no intent on using, just to say it's mine, mine, mine. Taking a week to find a place to put down roots is NOT my idea of entertainment.

A simple way to stop losing bears when zoning. Slow before crossing a border to a creep. Stop as soon as you cross every time. Check if you have all your bears. If not he is right behind you. Leave it on high follow. He will swim to you and jump back on. Only an epic bear is worth searching for. Basic bears are a dime a dozen. On the bottom of M2 paradise I set out and un-claim 20+ a week.

Dime a dozen to you.  I have 1 bear and 0 on any island in my sector.  I lose that one and I'm out trying to find another.  And yes, I'm aware of the techniques on how to recover bears that fall off boats.  The question is, should I have to employ these workarounds myself in order to get past bad code?

The real problem with Atlas is new players have to figure all this out with little to no help. Making very simple things sometimes a nightmare. Knowledge makes your first 100 hours into 10 hours. But that knowledge is hard to come by.

The real problem with Atlas is the same problem with every mmo any more.  Back in days of C-64's the coders HAD to get it right as there was no patching. Now, the companies really don't give a shit about fixing things because that doesn't make money.  Adding new, useless, pointless, flashy, buggy baubles does.

On 10/20/2022 at 4:26 PM, Jean Lafitte said:

Dime a dozen to you.  I have 1 bear and 0 on any island in my sector.  I lose that one and I'm out trying to find another.  

The real problem with Atlas is the same problem with every mmo any more.  Back in days of C-64's the coders HAD to get it right as there was no patching. Now, the companies really don't give a shit about fixing things because that doesn't make money.  Adding new, useless, pointless, flashy, buggy baubles does.

Come to the bottom of M2 Paradise and fill your boat with bears. Just claim them and take them. 5 or 6 a day die homeless. Go to where the 2 very southern rivers meet. Look for 2 gallys and go inland.

I agree. This EA thing should be ended due to endless abuse. I'm for Steam blocking all EA games in the future.