UDO

ai crew lvl max

do they only go to lvl 2 are they really just expendable crewmen ?

Crewmen are like animals - Animals have a wild level - The level they have when you acquire them. So if the Wild level is level 2 then the max level you can level them is only up to 4. I have a crewman who wild level is 17 so her max level I can put into her is 17 * 2 = 34

I'm no expert on the AI crew (I just got my first two), but I was able to click on them to bring up the radial wheel and tell them to man the two sails.  I had to bring one to the other end of the ship to be able to assign them to the second sail though.  And when I got back to my base, I built one of those storage box thingies in the captain's tree, added some resources, and they automatically started repairing, but I think it might only be when they are moored in port (I've heard possibly in your own territory, but cannot confirm).

Just a caution: while my ship was moored at my base, every wolf that aggro'd me seemed to run directly to my ship and start attacking it, and actually killed one of my NPCs (even though they were in the boat and the wolf was in the water).

so the wild lvl is random ? i keep just getting low tier ones , hirering then checking wild lvl and fire them  (got some gold to burn in freeport ) 

I've only seen level 1 crewmen too. Would like to know how the repairs work too, I have a resource box but they've never repaired the ship. I don't have territory though

the npc crew need to be unseated-idle on the ship to repair, then they will use resources from the ship storage box , you will see them sweeping the deck , but also you need to be anchored, issue there becomes if you are in teh shallows crocdiles and anything that can get to your boat will target the npc and kill him 😞

19 hours ago, Domino said:

Just a caution: while my ship was moored at my base, every wolf that aggro'd me seemed to run directly to my ship and start attacking it, and actually killed one of my NPCs (even though they were in the boat and the wolf was in the water).

this i have to keep them inside the base as they seem to be a magnet for every wild animal that come within 5000 miles

• Thanks 1

I believe they said you can hire crewman in town but also find ones in the wild like marooned crews in an island so I wonder if the higher leveled crewman are found on some islands somewhere