=MGC=Ranger

What has Grapeshot done to this game?

I started playing the game first day, through the bugs, the wipes, etc. All had its issues. Well, I stopped playing due to the wipes about a year and a half ago and went to Conan (great game btw). Well, I came back this weekend to look around and possibly move me and my conan friends over to Atlas for something new. Well, I gotta say  the game is so so much more buggy and broken than I have ever seen it. Even worse than day 1 release. First, WTF is up with this portal crap? Why not allow sailing from end to end like before? Stupid IMO. Second, game is so incredibly buggy. I buy a pair of NPC's, get em on my freighter (new ships suck too) and Poof, they disappear of the sails sailing between grids. Buy a SECOND set of NPCs, hit landfall, go to explore. When I return, Poof, my NPCs are gone. According to the log  nothing happened, but they are gone. 

Grapeshot, what did you do to this game? Absolute crying shame what you have done. I just told everyone else not to buy the game because of it. You absolutely ruined this game.

• Like 1

Yeah, the NPC thing is an awful bug.

I *sort of* understand the reasoning behind the portal concept but I don't like it mostly for immersion reasons.  Magical portals shouldn't be a common occurrence for travel.  They should be a rare, special part of the game.

Atlas needs some proper leadership.  They could have a killer game, but squander it away with piss-poor decisions and horrible QA.  I wish they would sell this game to someone else to finish, or I wish someone else would come up with a open world survival pirate game.

Sadly and ironically this game resembles a sinking ship.  It's going to take a lot to turn it around and restore player's faith in its development.

Edited by Gorelander
originally read "should be common occurance" should have read "shouldln't"

It is sad, as i did really like the pirate setting. But Grapeshot ruined it completely.

BUGS (1000 times reported, but Grapeshot prefers to bring Industrial wonders, portals and zombie action into the game instead of removing these bugs)

- NPC/Tames vanish after crossing a grid border
- disconnect after logging into the rear cabin of an unreleased modular ship
- the "E" key suddently stops working for interaction
- you can no longer build ships in Pre-Hotfix shipyards
- you can no longer consume waterskins while in inventory (hotbar still works)

TRASH

- modular ships are all open other but the rear cabin. Each PVP troll can easily board, no swivel placement possible to stop them.
- puckle towers prevent digging out treasures and exploration, killing you and your tames every 5 meters
- sunken tresures are often impossible to take by diving, as the wrecks are bugged into underwater rock formations
- players can hit you inside bases/ship cabins through the walls with swinging maces and shooting carbine

... the lists can be continued endless....

On 6/20/2022 at 4:26 PM, =MGC=Ranger said:

I started playing the game first day, through the bugs, the wipes, etc. All had its issues. Well, I stopped playing due to the wipes about a year and a half ago and went to Conan (great game btw). Well, I came back this weekend to look around and possibly move me and my conan friends over to Atlas for something new. Well, I gotta say  the game is so so much more buggy and broken than I have ever seen it. Even worse than day 1 release. First, WTF is up with this portal crap? Why not allow sailing from end to end like before? Stupid IMO. Second, game is so incredibly buggy. I buy a pair of NPC's, get em on my freighter (new ships suck too) and Poof, they disappear of the sails sailing between grids. Buy a SECOND set of NPCs, hit landfall, go to explore. When I return, Poof, my NPCs are gone. According to the log  nothing happened, but they are gone. 

Grapeshot, what did you do to this game? Absolute crying shame what you have done. I just told everyone else not to buy the game because of it. You absolutely ruined this game.

Unfortunately you started at a time where the last patch added a big bug that is very anoying in regards to sailing. Hopefully it gets (hot/colt)fixed during this week... But I agree at this stage it is not nice to invite people to the game... if the game is sold for 5-10€(steam summer sale comming) you might just do so.

You can solve the issue currently if you dismount the sails crew before grid change and open one sail yourself to get in the other grid. The chance is 99% that you will not loose a crew on sails if you put them on after grid change. The issue is most likely a buged crew position after the grid change if they remain on the sails that maybe leats to mutiny.

@Dev CrusherI don't want to protect the game but some of your listed bugs are not that importand in my opinion, but of course they should be fixed long time ago. The game is playable in most cases and you can have fun for 1k hours very easy without finishing the main quest(if you can call it like this to get all power stones and essences without a story). So it is worth a part of it's money and compared lots of AAA titles have less than 100 hours to play. In all the time I play(since season 3 where the first Devs had left already) i had never the feeling the game is changing or improving, but now we have actually Devs that work on the game. They could do better but they do something at least. So they get my support after i deleted the game twice in the last years.

Most important is to make the modular ships playable and more like the legacy once.(they will not remove the modulars anyways) They fixed the bug that sunk the modulars when loosing one/two modules to 0 HP with start of this season so they are playable now. They increased the repair kit HP which is some kind of improvement for solo PVE and on PvP maybe even broken repair now? The repair kits cost are reduced but still high, on the other hand the ships have very low costs in regards of resources neede to craft them. The modulars are still faster... the Broadsider is very very strong right now with its 40 cannons and possibility to make it 30 to one side. The modulars are ignoring the ship weight in regards to their speed... which makes them broken again. There has to be done some balancing and the possibility to customize needs to be added. The Majestic Kraken and Crarak are most likely obsolete as the broadsider is the same ship but better in everything without the need of 50 tentacles for example. Those ship should have some more difference or the fire power of the broadsider would need some downsides -> less cannons = faster, full cannon build = slower.... they need to get slower when gun ports are open. The deck canons need to have increased weight or reduce the turning speed slightly because of the high center of weight that is bad for a sailing ship^^.  The HP icon is remaining at 100% until the sinking/leaking symbol shows. The HP in the players/ships UI stay at 100% as well if the ship is leaking... so you don't know when 0 is reached and it will sink while you repair or bucket the water out.

It does not seem possible for the dev team to fix anything related to balancing the game. Out of a list of a 100 items added a minor issue may be changed or resolved often going to one end of the extream or the other or so small that it doesn't matter. Such as ship speed. Why they added all these portals, because only the no life trolls that will be on the PTR for 30 hrs before a wipe will know how to get to any islands. Then a map will be released 2-3 days later when all the islands have been taken. I cannot fight a bunch of crabs. I cannot fight 5 broadsiders showing up to take out my armored docks. Love the game, but have never seen an intentional display of segregation in what should be a fair for all fun, survival pirate experience. In no reality should a game consist of having to be on for many hours to accompish something. And before anyone judges, single player, pve or just join a mega is not a solution. If the devs (grapshot) cannot see this as a problem, then any sane person would and should boycott them and anything attached to them. I can handle bugs. Game breaking bugs should be fixing before introducing more content producing more bugs. And their total disregard for thier playerbase is abysmal. You cannot have a game that is pvp (which is competitive) have all the advantages swung in certain players direction and have most of the servers offline for a week and think thats ok to just keep it going. Each year goes by with population getting cut to the point they even have to merge pvp servers just to keep it alive. What could be an epic game that would deserve a sequal just like Ark survival evolved with a playerbase for years to come. I predict this to be more of just a fad, many will buy and it will die just the same. Why because the devs will get their money, its nothing special to them. It is just another project. If the devs care so little. Why should we? Do they deserve more of our money?

the only thing id love to see fix for xbox series s/x and pc players. is the horrendous  visual grapthics that we still currently have. i mean surely they must be able to fix at least that. 

now ive heard that some pc players dont have the graphic playdough look visuals but there are alot of pc and xbox series s/x player owners that are having this infuriating  problem. 

come on grapeshot  it isnt hard to do.. if you truly care about YOUR GAME. you will fix it.

On 6/20/2022 at 10:26 AM, =MGC=Ranger said:

As far as im concerned what broke the game was grapeshot trying to please everyone posting here instead of sticking to their original vision of the game, the first iteration was the best, the world was huge sailing for hours to get some resources ment something, trading had value, but they listened to the whiners that want everything quick and easy,  and now we have this mosaic of shit, that has nothing to do with the original idea of  the game portals ffs etc... real shame.

I am xbox gamer and it so horrible looking the graphics I cant put my self threw the pain to play.   I was hoping it could have been almost as good as ARK.  I prefer pirate games. So this basically ruined my dreams of enjoying a survival pirate game.   Sea of Thieves is not a survival game really. Xbox does not really have a survival pirate game now.  

Such a loss there it makes me sad like very sad.
Because when it released i thought it was one of the more pretty Xbox games.  Now its worse then Nintendo 64 graphics. 

FUNNY why its so laggy and buggy because they dont know how to control building spam. It was a simple fix but they went the wrong way.
The Claim towers was the way to go.
CLAIM TOWERS CLAIM TOWERS CLAIM TOWERS.   
if you have claim towers people can not build out side of it.  Refine it and make it work. 

FIX IT!

Edited by AceVP