Sign in to follow this  
Grayson

Seriously Can You Guys Do Anything Right?

Let’s see since the last hotfix for server issues the following things which were working before the hotfix aren’t working now. 

Markets post patch my warehouse filled with iron 1 stack to 7 nothing else changed including trades. Redo the market unable to find any new trades. 

Maps post patch on one of the new island the map spawn point is in the middle of the air. Supposed to have been on a cliff I assume and I’ve had some spawn points in the middle of mountains instead of beside it 

Sailing pre-patch animals still fall off crossing borders and in one instance during a cyclone just wiped the animal off the deck. Post patch crew poof, fall off and or die crossing borders. ENTIRE CREWS.  Lost two full sets of crew and one ship when they all disappeared and I couldn’t avoid some SOTDS. Any animals post patch on the deck that don’t fall off the saddles mysteriously stop working they have to be overlayed with a new one they can’t be removed. 

seriously fix SOMETHING! 

oh and I keep changing ages when bedding around, my food stats also change. I went from level across the board to needing vitamin c. When coming back from death I came back dying from vitamin d poisoning. Or dying from lack of some stat. Meaning I need to find food to live but yet I start getting the overeating warning and start dying anyway. Again. 

FIX SOMETHING! AT THIS POINT ANYTHING would be nice. 

Edited by Grayson
Added info

4 hours ago, Grayson said:

oh and I keep changing ages when bedding around, my food stats also change. I went from level across the board to needing vitamin c. When coming back from death I came back dying from vitamin d poisoning. Or dying from lack of some stat. Meaning I need to find food to live but yet I start getting the overeating warning and start dying anyway. Again. 

SNAFU

Or, rezzing from refresh/death, only to be starving 20 minutes later. A B C D stats all over the place. Why do we need to eat so often now. I stopped eating altogether. All I eat now is turds to reset.

Lost a stage 2 or 3 bear that starved to death right next to 4 full feeding troughs. Checked other bears around to find some but not all were near 0 on food. Some were full. Some just stopped eating.

And what's with the market changes this patch? Market/trading used to produce way too much to the point of discarding materials to now so low you must make up the difference by going back to chopping trees.

Or just causing bugs. Why mess with things that were working ok?

This idea of just pushing mostly meaningless content and not bug fixing is just cheap and all too expected.

16 hours ago, Grayson said:

FIX SOMETHING! AT THIS POINT ANYTHING would be nice. 

It's crazy how many bugs get back into this game that we had already at some time in the last 3 years. But the chance it will be fixed was never that high because we know there are now Devs around that actually work on this game... the tiems have changed. They broke something but I expect they will fix it and the game will get better in the end.

Fast travel beds into different biomes makes you 100 years old. To make suicide solves this issue and you are back to normal.

Market trading was suspended for 2-3 days because of server issues but is now working again. I see no issues there besides the bad UI of market, some trade routes that have 100+ running trades that don't get delivered and some other bugs in this system. The warehouse only collects 1 stack or resources from gathering buildings if the resource is not traded and due to that new stacks are created. So you have to check daily and drop some items to put in another storage.

Maps are a luck gamble as they have ever been. I had a map 3k+ that was in a swamp under water and there was no soldiers spawning. But i could not dig it as there should be 6 guards around... in the meantime looking around my bear magically died in 10 seconds... he was not under water but out of stamina and i couldn't get him 10 meters to the shore... Also maps in mountains are quite common.

sailing is qurrently a pain... i think on modulars it's much worse than on legacy ships. You loose sails crew more often(while crossing, while driving). Checking all tames and crews after border cross was never that anoying like it is now. I figured out moving slowly into the border is preventing issues behind it... for example if you stop directly you can pick up swimming crew and tames again instead of missing them later. You may even consider dismounting all sails crews from parked ships.

10 hours ago, Nacona said:

It's crazy how many bugs get back into this game that we had already at some time in the last 3 years. But the chance it will be fixed was never that high because we know there are now Devs around that actually work on this game... the tiems have changed. They broke something but I expect they will fix it and the game will get better in the end.

Fast travel beds into different biomes makes you 100 years old. To make suicide solves this issue and you are back to normal.

Market trading was suspended for 2-3 days because of server issues but is now working again. I see no issues there besides the bad UI of market, some trade routes that have 100+ running trades that don't get delivered and some other bugs in this system. The warehouse only collects 1 stack or resources from gathering buildings if the resource is not traded and due to that new stacks are created. So you have to check daily and drop some items to put in another storage.

Maps are a luck gamble as they have ever been. I had a map 3k+ that was in a swamp under water and there was no soldiers spawning. But i could not dig it as there should be 6 guards around... in the meantime looking around my bear magically died in 10 seconds... he was not under water but out of stamina and i couldn't get him 10 meters to the shore... Also maps in mountains are quite common.

sailing is qurrently a pain... i think on modulars it's much worse than on legacy ships. You loose sails crew more often(while crossing, while driving). Checking all tames and crews after border cross was never that anoying like it is now. I figured out moving slowly into the border is preventing issues behind it... for example if you stop directly you can pick up swimming crew and tames again instead of missing them later. You may even consider dismounting all sails crews from parked ships.

been a week and now they are saying at least 4 days more before we get a patch that MIGHT stop crews from just poofing?? and they want us spending 10s of thousands of gold to replace our shipyards they broke with no refund of gold at least? oooo they upped harvest rate till monday... a harvest rate we cant take advantage of to replace our gold losses BECAUSE THEY WONT HAVE NEW HOTFIX TILL MONDAY?????!!!!!! its just damn ridiculous and anyone still defending this game is either paid by the company or so completely wedged up their own posterior its impossible to have a reasonable discussion with them. times have changed alright, theyve gotten worse.

34 minutes ago, MaulerTGD said:

and they want us spending 10s of thousands of gold to replace our shipyards they broke with no refund of gold at least?

And why a gold cost on shipyards at all. That's as bad as on the ships. 

They never understood the gold price on ship issue. Being, most need the ship to make the gold in the first place... without doing it by boring grinding. Then once you have the first ship and market running, gold is never an issue again. But they just need to have that in there.

I guess they want to really slow down the early levels that they force us to regrind over and over with all these wipes.

This is the only game that gets a population boost not by giving their player base something, but by taking something (everything) away.

I get the need to add a gold requirement for shipyards even though it's not logically immersive.  Before you could practically jump right to a brig or higher.  Even though I don't enjoy the grind, I do appreciate the challenge of trying to get gold with crappy ships lol.

It seems that they don't really test their patches before they release them.  I don't know why.   Either they don't really care because in early access they already have our money, or they're just sloppy.  I wouldn't be surprised if Grapeshot/ Studio Wildcard puts their junior programmers or programmers they don't like on the Atlas project to see if they sink or swim.

I think the other problem is they've adapted another game (Ark) into Atlas rather than creating one from scratch.  The code is probably so haphazardly patched together that it is a dice roll as to whether or not the patch changes will break other aspects of the game.

Atlas started existence as an Ark dlc. It's pretty much always been one too. And now with the mash up of Pyrate and fantasy and steampunk it's rudder is finally broken. When skull and bones comes out in november Atlas will be pretty much dead, after all if you want a survival building game you still have ark and a few others. And if you want a Pyrate battle game you'll have skull and bones. where will that leave Atlas, a game that's lost all direction?

Atlas was, is and will always be nothing more than a scam.  These criminal devs knew what they were doing.

Its technically not illegal to call a game early access til the end of time. That way they don't need to fix anything ever. Just sell copies for full price and not offer a shred of customer support.

This was a cash grab and we fell for it. Theres no other explanation left

• Like 1