Sign in to follow this  
TenKaar

How does one put cargo racks or diving platfors on a cog?

I have seen cogs on in the world with cargo racks and diving platforms but I can not get them to attach to the cogs. Can someone please tell me how this is done?

your Cog must be inside shipyard and anchored then remove all what blocking your diving platform aka sails, workbench all and then you can place diving platform and cargo

WRONG !

You have to attach the diving platform to the Cog BEFORE she is released to the ocean.

After that you can not attach it, neither in a basic shipyard nor in an advanced shipyard.

It is possible in a large shipyard and a small armored dock later, if you have the 10.000 gold für these docks.

Just love this Grapeshot Bug Producer Company.

Edited by Dev Crusher

I didn't think you could attach a diving platform to a cog.  I'm sure I tried while it was still in the dock.

Thought I’d comment cause you haven’t gotten a correct answer. Diving platforms can be placed while being built for sure. They are under railings in the smithy. You want diving platform (kraken). I believe this can be done anchored in a dock afterwards as well but I just put them on beforehand. I have not been able to attach a cargo rack. Nor have I see a cog with a cargo rack. Just diving platforms and cannons. 

On 6/14/2022 at 5:41 AM, Ohcanada said:

Thought I’d comment cause you haven’t gotten a correct answer. Diving platforms can be placed while being built for sure. They are under railings in the smithy. You want diving platform (kraken). I believe this can be done anchored in a dock afterwards as well but I just put them on beforehand. I have not been able to attach a cargo rack. Nor have I see a cog with a cargo rack. Just diving platforms and cannons. 

i did not test it but this is maybe a good tip. Use the railings for kraken even the ship looks like it has the standard railings... You can't place the legacy items diving platform, cargo rack and dingy hangar, you need to use the railing parts. If you drop a cargo you have to create a new one with the "legacy" cargo rack in your inventory.

Interesting that you have to park the ship in the legacy shipyard^^