artos

Atlas Dedicated Server Fatal Error After First Server Restart

Hey i just wanted to throw this out there being as i had such a hard time figuring it out, i seen many others with the same issue and not once did anyone ever reply or try to help them. 

Alas, The problem is. After Creating a Dedicated Server on my Server PC and using my Custom 3x3 grid i was able to launch into my server with friends and play just fine for however long. Eventually a server must be restarted and this is where the problem came into play. As soon as i restarted the server cluster, Upon startup of the servers i was greeted with a lovely "Fatal Error".

Of course these are common with atlas but this one however had me stumped. I recreated a new map from Scratch, Removed any bugged islands, checked ports on grids and port forwarding on router, i even went as far as to run a 3x3 with no added code , single island per grid and still the same. 

I followed the guides found from MANY different sites and that's where i was misled, They all inform you to use SteamCMD to install atlas then use an Serverstart.bat file to bootup the server. This is all fine but the code they give you is this

start X:\AtlasSrv\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=10?ServerAdminPassword=123?MaxPlayers=20?ReservedPlayerSlots=0?QueryPort=55761?Port=5561?SeamlessIP=x.x.x.x -log -server -NoBattlEye
exit

The code is Correct minus the changes you need to make to allow it to find your server, What they don't explain is that this line:

"AltSaveDirectoryName=10"

CANNOT be used in every .bat for each grid, What this does is set the save directory for all the loaded files on the server grid like Structures, Ships, Tames etc. When each grid saves each of their files to the same folder the previous grid files are being overwritten thus causing a fatal error when it tries to reload the server.

To remedy this chang this line to a different number for each grid, For example, my Grid is 3x3 so for grids  "A1-0,0"  "B1-1,0" and "C1-2,1" i would change this to:

AltSaveDirectoryName=00

AltSaveDirectoryName=10

AltSaveDirectoryName=20

Or you can use your own digits or even letters, these will simply be the names of the folders the associated grids will save too. 

I noticed this is an ongoing issue and would be nice if the devs would simply state this in their tutorials but it's grapeshot so.. smh...

Anyways i hope this helps the next person out! I'd love to hear feedback if this fixed it for you! if i can answer any other question you have for the setup process i'd be more than happy too.

Good luck!