Sign in to follow this  
TenKaar

Feedback from a new player

First and for most..nice Attempt... but needs a lot of work... despite all your NPC crew options they still shoot at everything that floats with in range of your ship wasting tones of ammo. (Before you say anything yes I have tried all the options, passive, aggressive, ships only ect ect ect ect ect) Also they DO NOT REPAIR while idle. I had three crew on my ship not assigned to any station two where on wander and one was not and I took heavy damage and the did nothing to aid repairs and I lost the ship. Thirdly.. NOT EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE A DAM MINI GAME!!. I get having a little mini game to speed up loading your black powders firearms but one to bail water out of your ship or just to scoop it out of the ocean????? like come on!! really... UNNECESSARY TO END DEGREE!!  Fourth.. cyclone storms don't have to be chasing you all over the map when they happen.. 5th.. the radius of how close a mine can be to another industry building is a bit ridiculous. Lastly if a player losses their ship it should have a inventor bag or chest that players will have a 20 min chance to recover.. Thank you. I hope you (the developers) take these things and change them I think it would make the game that much better for everyone.

On 6/7/2022 at 7:17 AM, TenKaar said:

First and for most..nice Attempt... but needs a lot of work... despite all your NPC crew options they still shoot at everything that floats with in range of your ship wasting tones of ammo. (Before you say anything yes I have tried all the options, passive, aggressive, ships only ect ect ect ect ect) Also they DO NOT REPAIR while idle. I had three crew on my ship not assigned to any station two where on wander and one was not and I took heavy damage and the did nothing to aid repairs and I lost the ship. Thirdly.. NOT EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE A DAM MINI GAME!!. I get having a little mini game to speed up loading your black powders firearms but one to bail water out of your ship or just to scoop it out of the ocean????? like come on!! really... UNNECESSARY TO END DEGREE!!  Fourth.. cyclone storms don't have to be chasing you all over the map when they happen.. 5th.. the radius of how close a mine can be to another industry building is a bit ridiculous. Lastly if a player losses their ship it should have a inventor bag or chest that players will have a 20 min chance to recover.. Thank you. I hope you (the developers) take these things and change them I think it would make the game that much better for everyone.

You most likely parked your ship on a freeport. There we have a bug for years that NPCs may fire their cannons on fish in the water, or at least track them. Press C to change all active groups to not fire mode. The settings are not working like you describe it(at least in freeport). NPCs will not repair ships parked on freeport and they will have a fast decay. You get a ingame message about that. This is to avoid abuse of freeports in the PvP servers... or at least an atempt to make it more difficult. So your ship sunk by this. The wrack should not disapear at the freeport for 24h to salvage your stuff. A bag of 20 minutes would be worse. But it's maybe possible some other players demolished your ship and took what you had.

The tornado storms are anoying and i agree they are stupid and should not be like this. But it's most likely the Devs will not focus on that kind of stuff as they do other things and wind and weather is no priority to change for them.(it is working - some how...) Waves are a feature they got from Nvidia and besides the desync with the boats sometimes it's working.

11 hours ago, Nacona said:

You most likely parked your ship on a freeport.

I was not at a freeport. The NPCs firing at any thing that floats by happens no matter where I park my ship, the same goes for the repairs. I am on Xbox series X so I can not "Press C"