Sign in to follow this  
Gorelander

Swap Fleets of the Damned with Wild Pirates

It doesn't make sense that there are so many ghost ships.  We must be on the most haunted ocean ever.  I think it would be cool if they were swapped out for wild pirates and leave ghost ships for a more rare, more difficult encounter.  

Perhaps wild pirate camps should be included to slow the claim of islands as well.  🙂

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2022 at 8:06 PM, Gorelander said:

It doesn't make sense that there are so many ghost ships.  We must be on the most haunted ocean ever.  I think it would be cool if they were swapped out for wild pirates and leave ghost ships for a more rare, more difficult encounter.  

Perhaps wild pirate camps should be included to slow the claim of islands as well.  🙂

Yes please.

It was a huge immersion breaker, encountering all these ghostly ships and yet hardly any real pirate ships.

Definitely needs to be less Ghost Ships, thats for sure.
If people want to search for them, add maps that let you search in a spot in the ocean for a fleet of the Ghost Ships as the mission, with a proper reward.

One thing forsure that made the game boring was it just felt like I was battling ghosts and skeletons all the time.
Of course there were encounters with players and some were fun and some just wrecked me, it'd be a bit better though if I could actually feel like a pirate though even if I sucked at the game.

With Ark, you almost always feel like somebody trying to brave the elements and survive Jurassic Park Style, in a tree stand.
Of course there are immersion breaking elements, but the game does a very good job of instilling that feeling in the player.
Atlas needs to make players feel more like pirates.

Good idea would certainly be more thematic running into a ghost ship should be something people talk about, something to hunt down and something that carries good rewards maybe have it as a source of power