Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Blake

How exactly do bed spawns work?

I really don't understand the bed spawn situation. It's been the second time in which I haven't been able to respawn on a bed on my galleon after fast traveling to my base to take care of stuff (animals, market, etc.). That same ship allowed me to respawn on it a few hours later without even moving it. Today the same thing happened. I anchored the ship on another island hours ago. I logged back in, fast travelled home to check stuff, and once I try to respawn on the ship I can't.

I would really appreciate an explanation on how to avoid a situation like that. By the way, if I get to land, build a floor and a bed on the island I can respawn on it... so I assume it is not related to any sort of island protection.

Thank you in return.

What game mode are you playing?  Official servers?  I noticed on non-dedicated server that spawning on boat beds were flakey.  Land beds seem fine.  When I had admin access I flew to where my bed was and then the bed became available again.  Unfortunately that’s all I can tell you from my experience.

I might suggest building a small land base with a bed if you travel a great distance just in case.

Edited by Gorelander

I am playing on the official PvE server. Thankfully, I am playing with a friend, so he is the one in charge of fast traveling to bases to check out stuff. I never leave the ship if we're out because in many occasions the game won't let us spawn on the ship. I was told on Discord that changing the name of the beds every now and then helps solve this issue, but I still think it is sad an issue like this still exists. A solo player may lose their ship as a result...

In my experience, if you "lose" your ship, try travelling that cell it was last in.  It might re-appear on the map at that point.