Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

My Industrial Feedback (8.0 Thread)

Previous one was here:

To FIX:

01 - Broken island. F1 NE Island Bonacroft Archipelago.

02 - Adjust brightness of lanterns and torches.

03 - Camera POV and distance from steering wheel needs to be tuned!!!

04 - COG and Pegasus have unpassable ladder when rowing modules instaled.

05 - Pegasus is rawest modular so far.

06 - Junk sails still broken a bit.

You FIXED that, thanks.

--- (nothin yet)

Now.

01 - Bonacroft Archipelago (NE island at F1). Whole island is broken!!! 

BEVGaRz.jpg

This one is extremely important for me! Because I've settled TOTALY BROKEN ISLAND!!! I couldn't tell this was gonna be like that in the beginning, but now, when most of islands already taken, I'm screwed.

So here is the deal. Sleepless night. Hurrying to my western tundra, spending day for leveling and building fast, to set my trading chain, then earn first gold and leveling for shipyard.

2nd day, when I was ready to start exploring the ocean, I found that I can't build any shipyard on my island. I honestly tried. I walked all around the shore. I've got 2 messages. It's either:

- Too far from shore (even if it's right near the shore or even hit the shore)

IKxQcbf.jpg

- It's obstructed. Even if there is nothin around or underneath.

55ArUs2.jpg

I later noticed that the same happening with alot of big objects. Like warehouse (I had to build like 70 pieces ceiling square for that), tames house (still don't understand where can I place one) or even 4x4 stone block. Most of places (even solid ones) shows it's obstructed. Even if there is nothing there!!!

tZh3AQU.jpg

So I've tried to figure this out. And then I've noticed THIS!!!!

SQzPTuj.jpg

So basically what you did is you put your island atop of old sea fort. And even top of this sea fort tower is visible through the ground. If I switch free camera by pressing "K" by default - I can see through the ground. And guess what I'm seeing there???

G31kZ6r.jpg

So. Basically what happen. Game count this island as SEA FORT. And game is totally confused. When I try to put F1 flag near this tower top, it shows that I can't claim on PVE. And if I try to place it farther away - it shows, that I need to destroy offensive structures first before claiming.

1vq3o4E.jpg

In the mean time it shows island point costs and company island points as if I would be in tower claimable lawless. But I can't place tower, because it shows it just regular lawless.

2A8BpXA.jpg

And the same time - all my buildings there DOESNT HAVE ANY DECAY TIMERS!

So basically what do we have here? I can't create a single shipyard. I don't have any ship (my ramshackle sunk). I somehow need to move somewhere, right? To throw away all my efforts, and then most likely play without trading?

...or, I just wait till you fix this island. I mean... if you do of course.

I... mean I can possible try to respawn at freeport, build there another ramshackle, spend another half of day sailing there, then create farms and warehouse, then go to search empty enough island, with good resources (I was sick to play last season with just basic resources around and no metal nodes) to set my new base there, but it's unlikely I'll find one. It's just too late already. At this point quitting this season (on 3rd day) is my best option yet.

Edited by George Catcher

02 - Torches and lanterns way too bright now.

I mean... all past seasons they were vivid bright. Right now they are "the hell my eyes burning!!!"

YWQ4rFg.jpg

Even applying brown dye to lanterns doesn't help any more.

Brown dye last season:

xfyH6gT.jpg

Brown Dye this season:

slWTMab.jpg

The brightness should be tuned to way less intense.

Edited by George Catcher

03 - Sails and Camera issues.

So basically when we are sailing, center of view attached to steering wheel, and it also distanced for some numbers. The problem here is - sometimes it placed so bad, with totally wrong height, to close to the sail, so the sail blocks up to 50% of ocean ahead.

EgWAIi6.jpg

So the only thing left for me is to sail with constantly holding LMB. But this season - LMB view got like this:

DFotvlM.jpg

I didn't fight it yet but I'm not sure how to aim from this far distance. This one need to be checked out.

The solution is simple. Each vessel should have a central view point, independent of steering wheel and being placed somewhere in the center of ship and a bit above the sails and distanced that much so most of our ship never blocks the view.

6WBySVd.jpg

xcNsYhf.jpg

The lantern lights are definitely way too bright.

I use the camera view (press K) and zoom out to get a better view.

Personally I think Grapeshot absolutely needs to forget adding more content until they fix existing bugs that have been here for ages, plus the ones that have been added with each additional "patch".

This game should not be in beta, but alpha and definitely not early access.

• Like 1

I've got my Journeyman Pegasus with 6 sails points and 45 modules points.

05 - So... here are Pegasus Features:

On my transport Pegasus I put 2 common large speed sails and 8 rowing modules. So here is my speed.

- It runs 16 knots downwind and 15 knots upwind.

- It runs 16 knots full wind and 15 knots calm.

- It runs 16 knots full sails and 15 knots with 1/3 sails.

- Rowing brings me +0.5 knots extra.

- Tradewind brings me +0.5 knots extra.

It looks like I can not even bother at all, to choice handling or speed sail. Also I can just set sails and live em like that, no turning. no rising and lowing during the maneuvers. It anyway runs 15 knots even with totally opposite red wind!!! (Like you, devs, didn't bothered to tune the ship at all).

- But it has the best handling of all modules I've tried so far.

Today I've tried to build my 2nd Pegasus as battle vessel. A-a-a-a-and...

- Cannons on the left side of ship placed pointed TO the ship lol.

elVUXco.jpg

Cannons on the other side are fine. Also cannons in ship's hold also fine.

Also there are different railings on the ship by default. Those not Kraken also unreplaceable and if I paint them, they took damage and looses their paints.

nWUIAPr.jpg

On 6/6/2022 at 8:20 PM, George Catcher said:

Pegasus

Hi George, nice feedback again from you. I wonder how it is possible to replace the tame modules on the Pegasus... i think it's not intendet that it could be a gun boat. Like on the Tramp frighter where you can't replace the 4 cargos. That you need the kraken railings and the cannons are on the wrong side... lol.

Speed 15-16 knots no matter of sails and wind... crazy. Did not find this issues in my testing last season.... but honestly i played max 30 minutes with the Pegasus until it was parked forever on the shore.

This island issue is crazy as well... an island placed on the sea fort^^ If you have issues and need a base you may join me... i have cupple of farms and market. PM me if you need a place, but it's in the lawless temperate and not your favorite thundra.

• Like 1

i think it's not intendet that it could be a gun boat

I guess... but I have terrible luck of finding ships BPs. In 12 BPs I already found I have 7 COGs (lol), 1 harrier, 1 mortar (both has low crew capacity by default and turning them to battle vessels will require alot of points for extra crew). 1 Majestic Kraken (which is unavailable before the Kraken fight, and obtaining submarine) and... Pegasus. It has 30 crew by default, so basically in this stage of game - it's my best option : ) I turned it to something like this.

5F7nXaU.jpg

It turned out that single modular gunport now goes with armor kit like turtle ship. : )) Not sure if that was intended but armored ship goes long way!!!

06 - Junk sails still broken a bit.

The crew manning junk sails sometimes after crossing or server restart - go to the ship hold, and control junks from there. Sometimes "unseat" button doesn't do anything, and only following whistle makes them unseat. And when they do - they warp to the upper deck to where they should be, if they were controlling sails from they spot on ship's edges.

C017qjS.jpg

Also Junk sails still brings invisible, but unpassable mast inside ship's hold:

t0jn0st.jpg

Wow, it makes you wonder if they test any of their patches before releasing them to the public.  Seems very sloppy.

Early Access = "Pay to Beta Test".

• Like 1