Sign in to follow this  
Daish

Do you want this game to Grow or stay dead?

if you are a older gamer you will remember games like Battlefield sometimes never had an option to keep teams balanced in the past 

people would end up all joining the winning team the server would end up with 50 players vs 14 players in a 64 player server 

guess what happened to the gameplay when that happened 
guess how fast the server would die and become unplayable 

Atlas has been trying to stop this sort of gameplay happening by limiting company member numbers but this only hurts new players / casual players
to make room new players and casual players are far more likely to be kicked from the company

if you have no company in atlas the game becomes almost unplayable you are now forced to quit

if you ever want Atlas to grow if you ever want the game to be popular do this... start by removing company member limits and add a server cap for company member's per server (tile)

Lawless islands 5 player cap 
Servers next to freeport 10 player cap
Normal servers 25 player cap
Kraken Server / Event Servers no cap

if 25 players enter a 10 player server 10 will enter and the other 15 will now be in a Queue limiting players from the same company from joining that same server (they will still be asleep on the ship and able to travel though this server on that ship)

allow players in the queue to use in game company chat so they can communicate and organize who should be logged in or out for that tile 

give preference to higher ranking members of the clan if a ship of 20 players enters a lawless island server (5 player cap) the 5 highest ranked players on the ship will load the other 15 will be placed into a queue 

look do you want this game to grow ever? ever? you need to make  the world playable for new players the only time this game is ever playable for smaller groups / new players is when a new season starts 

no shit people can get around the cap by leaving the company or splitting their company up SO WHAT? this still makes it harder to be zerged... this also makes the "company caps" almost worthless a function only added to get people to quit the game so remove it and use a system like this instead 

the more the game grows the bigger you can now make the world and maybe even add uncapped servers but right now understand you need this game to have the ability to grow 
a dead game is not enjoyable for anybody

Daish has spoken if you disagree you are a fool or you want this game to die 

Edited by Daish

On 5/9/2022 at 7:22 AM, Daish said:

[...]

While you are right that large companies can stomp every body into the ground and do so your suggestion will not work. If 20 players join a server on a boat and only 5 can enter you exclude 15 players from playing. They can not log in - because their body is in a caped server. Unless their mates kill them they are doomed.

The only option the Devs have is to implement peacetimers or some kind of offline protection that some players do not like as well. Also this is difficult because it's a global server with 24h different time zones.

This game is based on Ark, so unfortunately in my opinion the land and base combat focus is to high and there is to less benefit of sea fights. Land bases and harbors should be pretty safe in order to let people feel confident their ship will go down in a sea battle and not by a random stranger while they are offline.

Single players on official PvP have some disadvantage of course. I learned this myself long time ago and joined some crew, helped others to join and succeeded with this and met some nice people. But as the playerbase has some unfriendly exploiters the large companies face some real issues with recruting strangers. So very much issues ocure because of the players themselfes simply do not (all) play in a fair way.

You can't compare a 24/7 (survival/building) game that goes 3-4 month with a 30 minutes round based ego shooter...

Edited by Nacona

18 hours ago, Nacona said:

While you are right that large companies can stomp every body into the ground and do so your suggestion will not work. If 20 players join a server on a boat and only 5 can enter you exclude 15 players from playing. They can not log in - because their body is in a caped server. Unless their mates kill them they are doomed.

its no different then if a server has 145 players out of 150 

when you enter it only 5 players can play 

the boat can travel though the server can load 5 players the other 10 will be in the queue waiting for the ship to leave that server and load back into the game 

are you one of those players who think FPS games should let players join whatever team they want with no limitations 

you say it "excludes" players from playing but these people have a choice and can control where they go and when 
work with your company use communication and team work to deal with this new challenge 

are you afraid of the game being harder? the majory of the world will still have no cap
also an important note when playing there is almost never a time when your whole company is in the same tile 

Edited by Daish

On 5/12/2022 at 12:01 PM, Daish said:

its no different then if a server has 145 players out of 150 

when you enter it only 5 players can play 

the boat can travel though the server can load 5 players the other 10 will be in the queue waiting for the ship to leave that server and load back into the game 

are you one of those players who think FPS games should let players join whatever team they want with no limitations 

you say it "excludes" players from playing but these people have a choice and can control where they go and when 
work with your company use communication and team work to deal with this new challenge 

are you afraid of the game being harder? the majory of the world will still have no cap
also an important note when playing there is almost never a time when your whole company is in the same tile 

When the server is full with 150 players all can't play because of 2-3 seconds rubber banding anyways.

I am not an afraid player, indeed i was one of those who played battlefield(3) with 100:1(jet/chopper/tank) stats in the past and so was the cause for others to join my team... but that's most likely 10 years ago now and my skill reduced as well as those games changed(bf 3 to bf4 chopper compared for example). This said i don't play PvP as it is to hardcore for me and makes me ill in real life because i can't handle the toxic "raiders" kids nowadays. I like the teamwork aspect of this game but building up takes weeks or month and loosing just a single day... even if you have peacetime you have to protect it for 9 hours a day... after work and so on.

Edited by Nacona

On 5/14/2022 at 12:25 AM, Nacona said:

When the server is full with 150 players all can't play because of 2-3 seconds rubber banding anyways.

I am not an afraid player, indeed i was one of those who played battlefield(3) with 100:1(jet/chopper/tank) stats in the past and so was the cause for others to join my team... but that's most likely 10 years ago now and my skill reduced as well as those games changed(bf 3 to bf4 chopper compared for example). This said i don't play PvP as it is to hardcore for me and makes me ill in real life because i can't handle the toxic "raiders" kids nowadays. I like the teamwork aspect of this game but building up takes weeks or month and loosing just a single day... even if you have peacetime you have to protect it for 9 hours a day... after work and so on.

a good idea would be for the smaller servers with 5 player cap their vulnerability window could be a lot smaller then the normal islands

9 hours is not enjoyable for casual gamers or normal gamers 
the no life no job players who go around zerging people are the only types who like such large attack timers 

Edited by Daish

I agree with what you said about making the game friendly to new players.  This is a no-brainer for a game company as you want to attract as many new players as possible.

The second problem is really this game is trying to be a land conquest game and not a pirate game.  They need to focus on the experience of being a pirate game first IMO.

I don't see why they couldn't just put limits on island ownership as well as limits in other ways (allies).  One company one island period.  If you want to allow more smaller or medium companies flourishing making the island pointless to be concord since they cant have the massive companies just taking over island by island since they can't own more than one anyway.  Yes that will abuse allies but since that would lead to some infighting and more sea battles I don't see why that cant be an option.  I'm sure someone will argue against this and I actually welcome it as I don't understand island ownership in PVP anyway.  I've never even tried to own one.