Sign in to follow this  
Athena Starbuck

Help... I'm not sure it's a game glitch or my PC

Hi,

Today, I was playing a few hours. Eventually, I land on an island, and I start to explore. The game crashes. I start it up again, i keep playing, it crashes again. I try again, I get a message about my game not saved and not synced in the cloud. I've never gotten a message like that before. It also says, I can play, but if I do, it may affect my game. So I press cancel. I wait a few minutes, and try again. I click play. It crashes again. I restart the PC, start the game, same result. I try to login on another computer that has an older version of the game. It updates, and I login, it loads. My character is on an older ship, where I left off months ago. I figured, at least my character still exists. I go back to my gaming PC, the game crashes again, just before I can see my character.

Basically, I start the game, I reach the login screen, pick singleplayer/host. I click play single player. I wait for the game to load. I reach the game screen with my overlay. The music changes. It's about to show my character view. It says loading... Then kicks me off, and back to the Atlas globe. I get the text screen with script. And I'm completely out and back to the desktop.

I have opened a ticket. Maybe that will cause results.

6 hours ago, Athena Starbuck said:

Hi,

Today, I was playing a few hours. Eventually, I land on an island, and I start to explore. The game crashes. I start it up again, i keep playing, it crashes again. I try again, I get a message about my game not saved and not synced in the cloud. I've never gotten a message like that before. It also says, I can play, but if I do, it may affect my game. So I press cancel. I wait a few minutes, and try again. I click play. It crashes again. I restart the PC, start the game, same result. I try to login on another computer that has an older version of the game. It updates, and I login, it loads. My character is on an older ship, where I left off months ago. I figured, at least my character still exists. I go back to my gaming PC, the game crashes again, just before I can see my character.

Basically, I start the game, I reach the login screen, pick singleplayer/host. I click play single player. I wait for the game to load. I reach the game screen with my overlay. The music changes. It's about to show my character view. It says loading... Then kicks me off, and back to the Atlas globe. I get the text screen with script. And I'm completely out and back to the desktop.

I have opened a ticket. Maybe that will cause results.

Single Player has this issues as it is not really supported. You may safe your safe files after each gaming session to have your own backup. The data is local on your PC. If it is crashed you most likely have to start over.