Sign in to follow this  
ATLAS

Pre-Wipe Teaser

Ahoy Pathfinders!

As we draw closer to a new patch and a new season, we know the excitement and anticipation is brewing for what's to come in only a couple weeks time. With each season, the opportunity to start fresh and take on new challenges on the open seas is something we celebrate. In the meantime, we have a few fun things planned to give you a small look at what's in store. See if you can guess what new adversaries are coming to Atlas!

crop2.png
This fearsome creature may not be grumpy, but it definitely doesn't like pathfinders messing around where they're not supposed to be. One second, you and your crew may be scuttling along the shore, but the moment you may find yourself in a pinch, it's curtains for you and your adventure. 

crop2b.png

Careful where you swim since you never know what's under the waves and waiting to roll up on you in a flash. While a new set of shoes might sound nice, they won't help you out run this scaly stalker of the sea . You might as well save your tears, because if this predator finds you, there's no mercy for you.

crop 3.png

It'll be hard to find another creature as a more solid challenge than this one. Its strength and size will definitely bring any inexperienced crew back down to earth. Those looking to climb this mountainous challenge will have to avoid crumbling under the pressure and deftly slide through the battle unscathed.

Again, we have the Kraken Bowl grids open on both PvE and PvP servers where players can take part in the festivities before the wipe on May 18th. Need a dance partner? Check out the community discord and get yourself a few battle buddies for the trip. We appreciate all the support. Happy sailing!

:anchor: Final Note :anchor:

Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed. 

As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support! 🙂

TYT9LrvE1oLA6ZIVW84gGIxF7PHM2gvN3w1jqlMl

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas

Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas

Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas

Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

It would be nice if tickets were actually answered and not automatically marked as "solved".
SDC WINS AGAIN

57 minutes ago, DiseasedLeopard said:

It would be nice if tickets were actually answered and not automatically marked as "solved".

They will be when the game is out of Alpha 

U know guys... what I really love to see in release version - is reworked weather engine. Because weather (along the ocean and ships themselves) is the CORE of sailing game! It should be cool. It should bring spectacular view. It should require us to deal with it!!!

What should be done:

- Removed "Waves" (both cold, heat and fog) because they just makes no sense and doesn't brings anything to the game (seriously - If I hunt SotDs during fog I just stop, go alt+tab and watch youtube, and if I sail somewhere - I just sail).

- Removed 3D clouds. We're not in flight simulator, where 3D clouds matters.

- Wind rotation system should be canceled.

- Pacman with 100500 tornadoes - should be canceled.

---

- New skyboxes added, with different types of weather. So everyday we experienced something different. Bright sunny days. Partly cloudy. Gloomy gray. Drizzle. Heavy rains etc. Also snowstorms, white mist in cold areas. With spectacular sunrises and sunsets, rainbows after the rains, st. Elmos before storms. And all that kind of stuff.

- Steady wind (most of the time it's average strength, but rarely goes to calm or hurricane). It's fine for me if it will be random direction and strength every grid. It should change it's strength and direction from time to time (not that often).

- Deadly thunderstorms with lightning strikes risk. Damaging planks if you point wrong angle to waves, or go full speed, and damaging fully opened sails.

- Tornado should land rarely. It should be large, single, predictable, avoidable (at all costs) and deadly to pass through.

---

Maybe some weather skills allowing us to predict the weather, or check one at neighbor grids.

Maybe some +xp bonus for ship - sailing through dangerous conditions.

WZvsXR2.jpg

5ZcSiWA.jpg

e9f6ot3.jpg

qYFGWQ5.jpg

O4yTFc3.jpg

I always hoped they'd create a weather system with prevailing winds that change direction mildly between zones, like the wind was moving across the servers with variances between grids due to weather. I'm somewhat disappointed that they're still on the normal rotation routine.

On 5/6/2022 at 5:01 PM, DiseasedLeopard said:

Thank you for the feedback! We know we have many things to fix and are working towards resolving as many as we can. If you'd like to assist in making Atlas better, please click the link below and submit any issues you have. Thanks again and happy sailing!

bit.ly/304d7FE

On 5/8/2022 at 4:17 PM, George Catcher said:

U know guys... what I really love to see in release version - is reworked weather engine. Because weather (along the ocean and ships themselves) is the CORE of sailing game! It should be cool. It should bring spectacular view. It should require us to deal with it!!!

What should be done:

- Removed "Waves" (both cold, heat and fog) because they just makes no sense and doesn't brings anything to the game (seriously - If I hunt SotDs during fog I just stop, go alt+tab and watch youtube, and if I sail somewhere - I just sail).

- Removed 3D clouds. We're not in flight simulator, where 3D clouds matters.

- Wind rotation system should be canceled.

- Pacman with 100500 tornadoes - should be canceled.

---

- New skyboxes added, with different types of weather. So everyday we experienced something different. Bright sunny days. Partly cloudy. Gloomy gray. Drizzle. Heavy rains etc. Also snowstorms, white mist in cold areas. With spectacular sunrises and sunsets, rainbows after the rains, st. Elmos before storms. And all that kind of stuff.

- Steady wind (most of the time it's average strength, but rarely goes to calm or hurricane). It's fine for me if it will be random direction and strength every grid. It should change it's strength and direction from time to time (not that often).

- Deadly thunderstorms with lightning strikes risk. Damaging planks if you point wrong angle to waves, or go full speed, and damaging fully opened sails.

- Tornado should land rarely. It should be large, single, predictable, avoidable (at all costs) and deadly to pass through.

---

Maybe some weather skills allowing us to predict the weather, or check one at neighbor grids.

Maybe some +xp bonus for ship - sailing through dangerous conditions.

WZvsXR2.jpg

5ZcSiWA.jpg

e9f6ot3.jpg

qYFGWQ5.jpg

O4yTFc3.jpg

Thank you for your feedback. If you have any further suggestions, we invite you to join our community Discord and submit your ideas. We appreciate your support and happy sailing!

discord.gg/PzU9DvNMUy

17 hours ago, ATLAS said:

Thank you for the feedback! We know we have many things to fix and are working towards resolving as many as we can. If you'd like to assist in making Atlas better, please click the link below and submit any issues you have. Thanks again and happy sailing!

bit.ly/304d7FE

Thank you for your feedback. If you have any further suggestions, we invite you to join our community Discord and submit your ideas. We appreciate your support and happy sailing!

discord.gg/PzU9DvNMUy

I am positivly shoked! I would have bet all my money that we would never ever read an answer post here from official! @ Atlas Devs we invite you to participate in the forum and have a look on all the topics here. By simply tell us that you do so this forum can get alife again. I refused posting on Discord as +90% of my feedback was deleted there because it contained bugs, but if you ask around, that's most likely what players complain about the most. I truly consider to test things next season again if i have the feeling the feedback could have some impact to the development.

@George Catchernice surprise that you are still around here. I hope the Devs will find our both feedback about the modulars along the last year/s. It is literaly all still actual and not improved or fixed. Indeed the wind and the sky is far from final and far from beeing good. Every Player simply turns off the sky details anyways to have better performace and less graphic card temperature. I suggest to at least increase the minimum wind speed by 30-40% and make a short period event where wind is super calm like ~5 minutes. It is a pain to always have the same (bad) wind when you get online because it is the same wind every day besides some storm events.

Edited by Nacona

make two pvp servers design one for smaller companies 
do NOT put the company limit on the actual company or casual players will be kicked to make room

put the company limits on individual servers in the grid 

On 5/11/2022 at 6:38 PM, Nacona said:

@George Catchernice surprise that you are still around here. 

Yeah I still keep an eye on this game. Probably even jump in next season. I... kinda pretty happy about tames house. It'll save the hell a lot of pieces on my base, because before that I had to build 25x25 2-3 layers wall pen for tames. It was like 300 extra pieces. It's like whole 6 houses from picture above : ))

Well hell why don't we have thunderstorms?  I've never even thought about that until now.  if anything is added PLEASE add this weather idea.  It would be nice to sail nights and have a spectacular night sky.  

Removed "Waves" (both cold, heat and fog) because they just makes no sense and doesn't brings anything to the game (seriously - If I hunt SotDs during fog I just stop, go alt+tab and watch youtube, and if I sail somewhere - I just sail).

I think the fog is immersive and indicative of sailing.  Changing your plans based on weather conditions is realistic albeit a challenge at times.  When I'm sailing and caught in a fog, I have to be super careful not to run into SotD.  This is where you should try to find land and maybe do some crafting and gathering.  The same goes when the sun goes down.  You want to plan around it.

Digressing a little, they need to eliminate the FLEETS of the damned and replace them with wild pirates.  It doesn't make sense that there are that many ghost ships.

17 hours ago, Gorelander said:

I think the fog is immersive and indicative of sailing.  Changing your plans based on weather conditions is realistic albeit a challenge at times.  When I'm sailing and caught in a fog, I have to be super careful not to run into SotD.  This is where you should try to find land and maybe do some crafting and gathering.  The same goes when the sun goes down.  You want to plan around it.

Digressing a little, they need to eliminate the FLEETS of the damned and replace them with wild pirates.  It doesn't make sense that there are that many ghost ships.

I just want NPC pirate ships on both PVP and PVE.  make it a real pirate game in PVE they can do part of the fun part of the game without the PVP aspect.  But at this point I don't see them making any more effort into pirating in a pirate game but it would be nice.