Sign in to follow this  
Dballzs

host non dedicated

I am playing atlas off steam my girl on the Tv is playing on xbox (same house) recently we where on a pvp official but we cant leave the square we traveled into since yesterday ... tried using my bed to fast travel to my base i swam over the border i made a raft and took that and tried countless times with my boat to exit the square from  all 4 sides and the portals  .... never had this issue before and i cant fix it ideally like to fix this problem but have had no luck so any way  I trying to make a non dedicated session so we can just play on there together but i cant find the game when i host it  i have tried hosting it from the xbox as well as hosting it from my PC any one know how i can host this game for us or invite each other into the game i make

Atlas is a buggy mess. It's always been a buggy mess, and until the devs put on their big boy pants and realize that the decisions they make affect real people and cause real frustrations, (we didn't get the game for free I might add), then Atlas always will be a buggy mess.

We've been trying Host Non-Dedicated because we don't like to play in overpopulated servers, and find killing wild pirate camps fun, but yeah, this is a buggy mess.  Maybe your issue has to do with your tether value.  This value determines how far players can be apart and apparently players cannot be in different grid zones otherwise the non-hosting players will teleport to the hosting player.

I can't say we had the same problem you did, but we did have issues with our boats/ beds not being available when we die, but then they showed up after I admin travelled back to that grid cell.  Also, my team mate can't drink water out of the ground for some reason.  Plus when purchasing a boat from the starter zone, you couldn't climb the ladder to get on the boat because it was too shallow.  We had to drop a storage chest on the bottom of the ocean floor and jump on to the ladder.