Grayson

Tame House

Ok so these things take up a lot of room, they don’t place flat, they don’t collect poop or make fert even when tatch is added. Monkeys won’t go in and removing tames in a group is a fucking mess. Great addition!  How is this supposed to work for breeding?  Wtf is this idiot thing for?

Well after a lot of redos the bucket in the front has the fert. And apparently when placing the one I was playing with it was underground. Great. It places on floors and trust me do that. 

We're not entirely sure about the breeding.  We bred two lions, put the prego mom in the taming pen, and the baby popped up in the pen and was claimed but it was level 1.  Forgot to ask my friend if it imprinted to her since she released it from the pen or not.  We were more concerned about it being level 1.  I know this is an error that happens when you try transferring eggs between servers in ark.  I'm guessing it's some sort of mistake.

Edit:  If it's not a mistake and they're supposed to be level 1 it's utterly useless for breeding.  We didn't test to see if we could put a baby in there pre 10% to see if it kept it fed.  That might be worth while.

Edited by reioni

Same thing happened with our taming pen. Lvl 1 baby giraffe was the result. If you put a newborn baby in the pen it freezes the imprint timer and the maturation timer until you unload the baby, so you get more flexibility for time management. One more thing, it freezes or extremely slow down their food consuming too so it won't starve or freeze to death. Just put some food in the inventory of the pens just for safety. So at this point it's good for breeding the supported animals ( they won't get affected by cold/hot in the breeding process in the pen), just don't forget to unload the mother before the baby born so you won't get lvl 1 babies. The pen is also good for time management  (loading/unloading the the babies).

I found two baby bears in one that I swore I didn’t have any males in but I did and they are all level 1died instantly after taking them out. The one I birthed outside and put in the tame house hasn’t grown at all but hasn’t died either. I’ll take it out and finally let it grow.  Kinda dumb to be honest. What is this supposed to have helped?

I can’t even get the poop to collect again. They stopped entirely. 

Edited by Grayson

So more fun times. If you want a way to get rid of junk animals instantly build one stock it and then demo the building. Everything goes including the animals. So I found a real use for these!  Instant way of deleting animals :). 

Otherwise so far they are useless. Poop doesn’t collect, unloading puts them all over the place including under buildings, and baby’s that aren’t caught when unloaded die in less than a minute irregardless of level. 

The inventory is buggy, it seems to go through food too fast, there's an inventory bug, it doesn't make Fertilizer, and I can't put elephants, Giraffes, or some of the other animals in the list inside of the thing.

The tame house is buggy as hell and needs to be fixed.

I don't know if this is a known bug or if it is just Atlas being fucked up again. But, last night I placed four bears into a Tame House, three females and a male. Today I have four males?? WTF

• Confused 1

Dicked around with mine all day and couldn't get breeding going again. Not till I built a second tame house next to the first. There were pregnant bears in the first that just wouldn't spit out their babies till they were left outside of it. Grabbed some babies the old fashioned way and loaded them in the new house and they are actually maturing!

On 4/18/2022 at 9:13 AM, Grayson said:

So more fun times. If you want a way to get rid of junk animals instantly build one stock it and then demo the building. Everything goes including the animals. So I found a real use for these!  Instant way of deleting animals :). 

Otherwise so far they are useless. Poop doesn’t collect, unloading puts them all over the place including under buildings, and baby’s that aren’t caught when unloaded die in less than a minute irregardless of level. 

That sucks, it deleted a tame when you demolished!? I'm pretty sure the intended behavior is all the stored tames pop out and defend your base as the raiders blow it up. You can see that in this video about 20 second in they blew one and a horde of rhinos appears and attack.