DollarstoreBuck

Game Freezes upon clicking anything: Please help!!!!!

I’ve never had this issue till today, and to my knowledge I did nothing to cause it. Every time I load up the game it either waits a few seconds before freezing completely; or freezes when I click on join server, options, or any other button on the screen; waiting for it to resolve itself or load does nothing; validating and reinstalling multiple times have not yielded any change either. I’m stuck on what to do and would be happy for any suggestions…. I have 16GB of ram and am running the game on a very nice computer, the game is on an HDD as I don’t own an SSD but it’s never been a problem for me before playing atlas. Would appreciate any advice!!! Thank you!!

11 hours ago, DollarstoreBuck said:

I’ve never had this issue till today, and to my knowledge I did nothing to cause it. Every time I load up the game it either waits a few seconds before freezing completely; or freezes when I click on join server, options, or any other button on the screen; waiting for it to resolve itself or load does nothing; validating and reinstalling multiple times have not yielded any change either. I’m stuck on what to do and would be happy for any suggestions…. I have 16GB of ram and am running the game on a very nice computer, the game is on an HDD as I don’t own an SSD but it’s never been a problem for me before playing atlas. Would appreciate any advice!!! Thank you!!

Well sine you were lucky enough to never have it happen it simply just might be your turn lol. Sorry to say but it eventually happens to everyone. Consider yourself lucky this is the first time.

4 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

Well sine you were lucky enough to never have it happen it simply just might be your turn lol. Sorry to say but it eventually happens to everyone. Consider yourself lucky this is the first time.

Is there a way to fix it? I’ve tried just letting it sit for upwards of an hour and it doesn’t unfreeze, game is currently unplayable. Or does it just fix over time?

On 3/24/2022 at 9:47 AM, DollarstoreBuck said:

Is there a way to fix it? I’ve tried just letting it sit for upwards of an hour and it doesn’t unfreeze, game is currently unplayable. Or does it just fix over time?

It is luck of the draw. Gotta restart. I knew a friend that had it happen on and off for a year. Never know when it stops and you never know when it will come back.

devs are just idiots.

Got the same issue now. from one day to another with no change to my computer.

OK solved this now. I uninstalled and then I made sure to delete all files left in the Atlas folders.
I noticed that when I chose servers, the filter was still on favourites. 
Installed again and then I had to start the game one time with low memory settings and all graphics set to low.
Because at first I got stuck on a black screen. Now it's actually working.

Edited by Shadoram

Atlas almost requires to be run on an ssd. You may not have had issues before, but it solved a whole lot of them for me. I would never let Atlas sit for an hour trying to load while frozen, your just asking for your hardware to be cooked.