Sign in to follow this  
George of the jungle

Player counts and atlas world

With us very soon reaching the sub 1k player count and possibly another all time low, I noticed that atlas world now has dark side and radioactive as servers now. 

good idea for more than one reason. Before if someone looked at the steam charts for atlas they would see 1200 players and think that was a good number. First of all that is a very pathetic number to begin with. Next when you look at atlas world you can see the difference between official and unofficial servers.

darkside has more than official pvp, official pve, and radioactive combined.

don’t get me wrong I am not praising darkside because 600 isn’t good either but having said that only 100+ on pvp and 200+ on pve is just abysmally embarrassing lol.

might take another month to reach the all time but I need to remind everyone that player numbers only go up after a wipe. That is the only time for the whole 3 plus years of this games development. Never any content or update has grown the player count. Only wipes.

having said that, the new devs supposedly said they wouldn’t wipe. If they don’t player counts will never rise and only get smaller. If they do wipe that means they were liars and should not be trusted or respected.

also, if they do wipe remember I told you they will change the map as an excuse for the wipe even though nobody asked or has ever asked this whole time for a map change.

I think the only reason the numbers go up after a wipe is many feel the need to replace what they lost. While at the same time I think each wipe make most care a little less about the whole project. Why invest the time only to lose it again. I hate starting over. It's just not worth it.

I used to be a very heavy player. The wipes did it for me. Now I'm just a visitor that pops in twice a week to reset an anchor.

Now I see my efforts being destroyed as just a way for them to get a short population boost.

When I hear and believe there will never be another wipe, maybe I'll invest again.

8 hours ago, Gemini Five said:

I think the only reason the numbers go up after a wipe is many feel the need to replace what they lost. While at the same time I think each wipe make most care a little less about the whole project. Why invest the time only to lose it again. I hate starting over. It's just not worth it.

I used to be a very heavy player. The wipes did it for me. Now I'm just a visitor that pops in twice a week to reset an anchor.

Now I see my efforts being destroyed as just a way for them to get a short population boost.

When I hear and believe there will never be another wipe, maybe I'll invest again.

Well the new team hasn’t gained any trust with what they have been doing. I don’t believe for one second another wipe isn’t coming. It will happen. That is what they have done the whole time.

this might be a conspiracy theory but I actually think this “3rd” dev team is still the original. I still remember chismebeard who still acted a lot like jat and the girl acted a lot like dollie the originals but they acted like the second dev team. Cheap parlor trick really.

I really wouldn’t be surprised if this whole time was the same dev team.

remember, wildcard turned into grapeshot to get rid of their old stigma. Jeremy Stieglitz himself announced atlas as grapeshot studios even though we all know he was the creator of ark. 

more info incoming. Gotta go for now.

well there are lots of new players around on the PVE servers. But most players obviously are simply holding up their small base. I for myself just do some patch testing every time they release something(in regards to ships). As they gave us a new roadmap i wonder what they can make out of it. A wipe wouldn't be great because I would need to grind to have a base again to test around, collect resources an such. It's appreciated that they do bug fixing in small  steps. If they make the modular ships worth playing in the future with fixing auto destroy bug and change the repair system it can get better.