ATLAS

Patch v538.6 - Pegasus Patch

I still don't understand the way the Devs build the new modular ships. It's nice to have now a tames transport ship where you can store the tames into countainers. I wonder if this will work with sea creatures as well, like dolphins. Did we ask for this ship? Maybe not. Did we ask for a storage module to have a work around to the tames on Deck that glitch off while crossing grids or nowadays at every portal... I crossed 2 portals and there was like 20-30 tames next to each on the PVE servers... all waiting for their death. One company lost like 15 tamed/breaded Bears at a portal... Please consider the module for tames or fix the spawn points when you send NPCs or tames on the deck. I work around this currently by moving them on ship only using "follow". On the carrack NPCs spawn in the cabine for example... and tames can't get through those small doors.

The costs of the modular ships are quite cheap witch is nice, but why you put the "find BP" obstackle in for this new transport ship? Harrier, Mortar and Broadsider I understand this... but for a transport ship? I dived 15 shipwrecks and did not get a ship BP. I only get stupid BPs for wodden and stone doors/gateways. Playerbase long time asked for fixing the loot tables and balance the power. You find way to much useless garbage you drop off which you never will build anyways.

You reduced the ship speed of at least the Carrak and the Tramp Freighter I tested slightly. Both can still easy drive around the 20 knots with Carrack 3x large handling sail(8points =3x 2,7) and the tramp freighter with 1x large and 1x medium weight sail. The Carrak has now small, medium and large handling sail when build so you need to replace two sails. Position of the sails is not correctly shown on the wind icon. The ship speeds are now at least not permanently like you are in trade wind, but still way faster than legacy ships. I think the wind behavior of the sails is also a little different. Tramp freighter feels quite decent with the weight sails... it's like you have handling sails. Speed only drops drasticaly if you drive straight against the wind... with 3 full cargos you go still around 14-17 knots. Which most handling light war Brigs will not be able to follow. The turning rate is not changed which is still a realy big disadvantage of this ships... you barely can stear them. Best way is still the bug abuse when standing still, turning full ruther and than press slow and fast sails up at the same time.

Please consider to change the repair system of modulars back to legacy system... would make those ships playable. I will not test fighting most likely with those ships so it's maybe nice to see the damage now... but still not fun... so no testing of this.

Modular ships sink rate increase is a good thing I guess. Hopefully this also include the fixed bug that a module with 0 HP could destroy and sink the hole ship at once.

keep up the bug fixes, it's welcome.

New portals storm looks nice but I managed to drive through one of them and did not get transfered... so it's more difficult to hit the right spot now.... obviusly it took me 3 minutes to turn the tramp freighter for a next try. At least i did not loose the bear and bull i had on the tramp freighter deck. If this is fixed or if i just had luck i don't know.

The wonder content I don't care about.

Edited by Nacona

Misc

• Modular ships sinking time has been slowed by 50%
  • Modular ship speeds have been adjusted to be more inline with the legacy ships

So after testing one more day... I still did not find a Pegasus BP after ~40 shipwrecks looted. Spend the half day on a Brig and found a Broadsider Masterwork BP so I changed and tested that one with also Masterwork modules. The firepower of this ship is quite decent and you can take out SotD Galleons quite easy. I fast leveled to 30+ and had 228% resistance and 152% damage skilled with gun port modules 134% damage and 145% HP. But before testing this ship in Golden Age versus high Level SotD I enqoutered another green/yellow group to see what happens if modules get damaged to leakage or even down to 0 HP. Well surprise: The ship is down to the bottom of the sea... again the 0 HP module bug strikes in and sinks a healthy ship from 100 HP to 0 in a second... gg

So obviuosly even more than a year after they released the majestic kraken and I posted this bug with that first modular ship it's still in the game and now in all modular ships!

Tried to post this on Discord but my post got deleted there... well... I also send a bug report now... time will show what will happen.

Modular ships remain unplayable as long you don't consider it will sink anyways on it's first journey once you start a fight with them.

20220320154154_1_x15.jpg

here a link to my feedback from 2021...

Edited by Nacona

fix the game lacks limit of structures limit of tribe members are easy and you bring new ships to a broken game  @SMALLTRIBESATLAS

I think the Pegasus maybe broke. I was transporting some Tames when I got disconnected coming through a portal. When I got back on I was being pounded by 7 sotd. So my pegasus is sinking and won't let me release the tames. When its finally sunk I still can't release my tames. Lost my Lions I because I can't release my tames. Thought it was ment to be automatic?

I'm actually done with this game. With Ark you know some salty kid is going to come along in a Mech and wipe you. But the salty kids on this game bought it and now develope it. So you don't answer tickets, don't fix issues, just paint over them or downright ignore them with your line, we are not officially released yet. Fix your game before adding more broken content. Ships sinking at 90% life, not like it was easy to get either, Legendary Pegasus shouldn't be sinking at 90%. Or did you catch your wife blowing your boss and want to drive his customer base down. We wanted new land to settle on, we get tiny amounts while vast empires control whole sectors and bully other players who have also payed for this game. Not even land we can make our own. We wanted mega companys restricted but all you did was give them more lawless land. Doesn't take points to claim it, takes fucking wooden posts. Your worse than world of warcraft for giving your player base exactly what they done want. Your tame houses are for the mega breeders and to tidy up the breeding bases, nothing else, no other benefit. Your prefabricated boats sink way too easy and you swallow what the megas tell you to. Grow some balls and do whats right for your game before everyone else leaves