Sign in to follow this  
George of the jungle

Dying already

1,250 people online and only 200 plus on each official grid. So 500 between the two. These numbers are getting pathetic. Not quite 875 pathetic like it was a few mo the ago, but nonetheless very bad. 

things were supposed to turn around but as usual, it has not. I would probably be ashamed if I did this horrible of a job at my work. It is mind boggling.

11 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

1,250 people online and only 200 plus on each official grid. So 500 between the two. These numbers are getting pathetic. Not quite 875 pathetic like it was a few mo the ago, but nonetheless very bad. 

things were supposed to turn around but as usual, it has not. I would probably be ashamed if I did this horrible of a job at my work. It is mind boggling.

Alright this are the numbers, they are dropping and you even have to consider that many players have pathfinders on both servers... also there are some on the unofficials. But what is your suggestion? There are a few Devs working on Atlas... in the worst case it's only 1 but some things change and some bugs get fixed slowly. We may can expect changes to modulars, markets, trading routes etc... all this unifished place holders in this alpha status test game. Unfortunately Players don't get paid for testing. Instead some new players buy this game and start playing. Most of those i meet on the PVE server stop very fast.... building modular ships and facing bug after bug... nothing working.... can't get tames on the ships etc. They leave after 1-3 days playing outside Rookie Cove. Even those I merged my company with and tried to help them in their discovery phase of this game...

On 2/18/2022 at 6:01 AM, Nacona said:

Alright this are the numbers, they are dropping and you even have to consider that many players have pathfinders on both servers... also there are some on the unofficials. But what is your suggestion? There are a few Devs working on Atlas... in the worst case it's only 1 but some things change and some bugs get fixed slowly. We may can expect changes to modulars, markets, trading routes etc... all this unifished place holders in this alpha status test game. Unfortunately Players don't get paid for testing. Instead some new players buy this game and start playing. Most of those i meet on the PVE server stop very fast.... building modular ships and facing bug after bug... nothing working.... can't get tames on the ships etc. They leave after 1-3 days playing outside Rookie Cove. Even those I merged my company with and tried to help them in their discovery phase of this game...

Well the fact that over 60% of the people are on unofficial which it shows in the remaining 750 or so on steam charts after the 500 on official already tells you something.

plenty of suggestions. Offline raid protection. And not like the kind you are thinking that can be exploited by just not ever getting on. Specific raid times like Conan exiles would be sufficient. All 24 hours is pvp including players and ships at all times. Base raiding has a time window. Some might not like but but that really doesn’t matter. This is about getting more players in an not the appeasement of the tiny current player count.

no more modular ships. That was by far the worst idea they ever had. It got rid of one of the fun aspects of the game and important as well. If they even build one more stupid modular ship we will find out exactly how stupid and worthless they are as devs.

stop changing the map. Nobody asked for that and we all know that is just an excuse to have to wipe the game. They aren’t fooling anyone with their bullshit excuse. They can even lie correctly.

of course fix bugs(even they even have the skill to do so). They need to at the very least spend 1 full month not adding ANYTHING and just simple spend every waking moment fixing bugs. Nothing else other than that. They won’t do this because they are stupid and can’t realize them adding something in just to break something else is a very bad idea. 

turn rates up like unofficial servers do. That is a big reason why people play unofficial. Once again we aren’t really caring about the 200-250 that still play official pvp. They really aren’t important at all. In fact it is safe to say they are also responsible for the game failing as well so they are of no importance.

once time has been spent fixing bugs to a very responsible amount, content will be good to add in. Content needs to be pve and story focused. Why? Because pvp and pve will both benefit from it that is why. Finally give a story behind the game. Hell even ark was a sandbox as well but evolved into a very good story.

pvp is already pvp. That part is done and has been done for awhile now. No pvp additions need to be made anymore.

finally, fix every single bug there is and I mean every one. At this stage it should only be fine tuning of small bugs and then do an official release of the game with an announcement stating the measures took and the bugs being fixed.

even if you are correct and there is only one person, as long as he dedicates his time to bugs and makes the correct decisions I outlined like no more modular ships/map changes/raid windows, he will be able to improve the game.

the key is not making bad decisions. If they change the map they screwed up. If they add more modular ships they screwed up. They get no excuses for early access anymore. They are making bad decisions and that is why they are failing. Not because it’s alpha and not because is hard, they are making stupid decisions so they will get no respect or excuses until they make the right decisions.

Well it has been a couple weeks since I have been here but man, I just checked the steam charts and 1,100 average seems like it is just going right back down to the all time low of 874. 

they aren’t that far off so I am guessing either the new devs are doing just as bad of a job or they were just pretending to be new devs and they are still the same.

if the latter is true that is pathetic on a whole new level lol.