Sign in to follow this  
SGFTI

Stop screwing over the little guy.

Every now and then I consider coming back to the game, but it falls into the same trappings as ARK. You have to be part of one of the biggest to thrive, you can't really accomplish much alone or as a small group except being a guerilla or tagging along to your bigger ally. 

I check the patch notes to see if they ever stop screwing over the little guy, and when they changed boats from no longer having gold cost I thought they were finally making progress....but now permabuffs throughout seasons for the wealthiest company? Nah, you just secured me NEVER coming back to the game with that. Bad enough to try to solo things like the kraken to try to stay competitive, but now you can never catch up with any amount of grind, you have to play the political big company game or fall behind not just for the season, but forever. 

20 fortitude isn't just 20 fortitude, it's 20 fort you don't have to spec for, making you essentially have a higher base level. I'm not playing a game where I am inherently weaker than others. 

Maybe I'll try private servers or something, but reading about the permabuff from wonders made me never want to come back to official. 

• Like 1

I agree.

That's why I don't leave Rookie Cove anymore.  Central Waters is for big company playstyle and small groups or solo like me won't last more than a day there.

They need to balance the game so that small companies can get a foothold on an island that can't be stolen simply by placing a few claim towers.  Or something like that i don't know what is best.  But the way it is now you have to stay in Rookie Cove unless you join a big company.

Pretty lame.

Oh don't worry, it's far worse than that; Pharos is a rookie zone but guess what? The gold is good so all the new players are bullied out of there by larger companies with level 90+  players who are quick to declare the gold making is insane across 3 grids for maps so they push everyone out. Well done Grapeshot/Snail/Wildcard. It seems like yet another company that is headless beast with no real strong leadership or vision of what makes a great MMO. This stuff is childish in terms of MMOs and really does exemplify just how immature at MMO gaming the keks running Atlas are.