Sign in to follow this  
RedLeg

PvP Suggestions for New Players

I am creating this section to bounce around survival ideas for noobs and solo players.

I struggled to keep a ship safe or even a small house overnight.  On offical PvP chances are someone will have some game fun when you are not around and you will be starting from scratch everyday.

But...

1.  Gold and resource can be kept safe inside shipyards.  You can even build a Cog but never release the ship.  Inside is a safe bedpsawn and a place to keep a few things.  Players will have to destroy the shipyard to get rid of you.

(It took me 2 weeks as a solo player to save up for an armored dock.  If anyone else has been discouraged try this method it will help get you established).

Any other suggestions to help noobs survive ?

Edited by RedLeg
Typo error

10 hours ago, RedLeg said:

I am creating this section to bounce around survival ideas for noobs and solo players.

I struggled to keep a ship safe or even a small house overnight.  On offical PvP chances are someone will have some game fun when you are not around and you will be starting from scratch everyday.

But...

1.  Gold and resource can be kept safe inside shipyards.  You can even build a Cog but never release the ship.  Inside is a safe bedpsawn and a place to keep a few things.  Players will have to destroy the shipyard to get rid of you.

(It took me 2 weeks as a solo player to save up for an armored dock.  If anyone else has been discouraged try this method it will help get you established).

Nope. They already made rookie cove which was bad enough. If you play pvp and don’t like getting wiped then I will give the same advice to all worthless pvp players.

if you cannot dedicate your whole life to the game? You do not belong in pvp.

if you are not willing to be a mega companies bitch? You do not belong in pvp. 

you are done son. These devs can’t even fix bugs and you are asking for dumb stuff. Lmao. Time you got a reality check. That will not only never happen but you will be lucky if all the hugs gets fixed in the next couple years.

another reality check is that this game wipes every few months because they keep changing the map. So even if you found a way to stay safe your progress will always be deleted within a few months, so you will never make it big.

even if you don’t believe me, feel free to check out steam charts. Game always goes to an all time low. They wipe and you see an increase. Then you see a sharp decrease because for some reason these losers think “this time I will make it” lmao. Sure enough they don’t and them leave again.

it’s pretty pathetic.

• Haha 1

Woah.  Your opinions on Atlas pvp are an interesting point of view.

But don't worry George I will be fine and so will everyone else that plays their PvP in rookie cove like me.

Maybe its time to get an imagination.  Not everyone is trying to make it big or join a mega company.  There is more to the game than just that.

Pondering your rant just made me think of another tip for noobs :

2.  You can build stone houses underwater on ocean bottom to keep blueprints and other items safe.  Use pillars to get started.  Very hard to destroy since grenades don't reach and guns cannot shoot undewater.

Edited by RedLeg
Add on

19 hours ago, RedLeg said:

Woah.  Your opinions on Atlas pvp are an interesting point of view.

But don't worry George I will be fine and so will everyone else that plays their PvP in rookie cove like me.

Maybe its time to get an imagination.  Not everyone is trying to make it big or join a mega company.  There is more to the game than just that.

Pondering your rant just made me think of another tip for noobs :

2.  You can build stone houses underwater on ocean bottom to keep blueprints and other items safe.  Use pillars to get started.  Very hard to destroy since grenades don't reach and guns cannot shoot undewater.

Yeah makes sense. Gotta okay the game completely different than what was intended. Pretty much the reason this game is on the bottom 100 steam charts hall of shame. Lol

The reason I play open world sandbox games like Atlas is because there is no one way to play.  Like choose your own adventure there is no way to play that is "different than what was intended".

I personally don't believe in Hydra or giant sea monsters so killing bosses and travelling through pathfinder portals will never happen in my character's lifetime.

I log in to enjoy the water effects and the rolling waves.  I like how my ship bobs and sways with the ocean tides.   I enjoy sea encounters with other players - some friendly some not.

All the rest of the features are just fluff and have nothing to do with being piratey.  Owning islands and maintaining farmhouses is Farmville 2.0 and its not the reason I bought this game.

3.  Don't buy Hydra revolvers they are garbage.  Better off carrying around a bag full of flintlock instead.

12 hours ago, RedLeg said:

3.  Don't buy Hydra revolvers they are garbage.  Better off carrying around a bag full of flintlock instead.

Yeah, you are getting into the nitty gritty now. The frustration will happen soon. 3 years ago I was arguing with people just like you. I totally get that you like the game and I don’t fault you for it. 

things will start to change. There were over 100 people that always stood up for the game and/or the devs years ago. They are all gone now. They didn’t like me very much but I was just talking realistically. 

I’ll try not to argue with you anymore. I have seen it too many times already.

12 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

Yeah, you are getting into the nitty gritty now. The frustration will happen soon. 3 years ago I was arguing with people just like you. I totally get that you like the game and I don’t fault you for it. 

things will start to change. There were over 100 people that always stood up for the game and/or the devs years ago. They are all gone now. They didn’t like me very much but I was just talking realistically. 

I’ll try not to argue with you anymore. I have seen it too many times already.

Thankyou for your honesty.

To be clear I am not defending devs.  But I do think this prerelease is a lot of fun even in its current state of confusion. 

They did a really great job on the water effects.  The ocean actually feels like an ocean.

And when you are on your ship deck seeing the cannon balls flying towards you and exploding ship parts when they hit is awesome.

Grappling onto another players ship is great too.

The rest of the game is unpolished at this point but I can see the potential once they figure all that out.

• Like 1

The trouble is I think we could all see the potential when Atlas was released, now tbh all I can see is the early access excuse, and loads of missed oppurtunities.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 7:03 PM, RedLeg said:

But...

For shits and giggles and because of offline PVE Servers I created a chrarcter on the official PvP again. So started on Rookie Cove, build a sloop, went to lawless, build a tramp freighter and rushed faster than the wind to the north pole to settle somewhere in the cold. I found a decent spot on an thundra island with only some farm bases of large companies around and they left some shore free without armored docks and parked common gallys. It was pretty safe there, i tamed some bears and farmed a little.

As you said I started with 2 basic shipyards and build  a cog and a freigther as base there. Logged off for two days and all is destroyed... shipyards HP is maybe enough in Rookie Cove, but not on the north pole^^ Instead of my ship and the yards that protected it there are now some armored docks to block the shore xD. Of course I did expect this and I did not bother to level more than 35 and did not really farmed there. Just had a nice metal farm around where i could steal 10k iron and silver 🙂 maybe may Cog was to atractive with the red weight symbol, all those crafting stations and 5 bears on it^^ So you better let it look like nobody is there.

So this tactic is basicaly over once somebody decides to destroy it. Most likely you need only about 200 cannon balls for this with a common cannon.

Armored Docks are the safe base of course as you can park a ship inside which is protected, also NPCs and Tames can't be killed or hurt on this protected ships.

Gold collecting is now more difficult as they changed the treasure maps and you now have to go through portals again for the maps 1k+. Otherwise you can use the tramp freighter to be very fast with your journey.

Hi ich spiele fast seit Anfang an habe mir eine x box series s geholt und seit da an kann ich nicht mehr spielen woran liegt das ?

On 1/27/2022 at 8:25 AM, Nacona said:

For shits and giggles and because of offline PVE Servers I created a chrarcter on the official PvP again. So started on Rookie Cove, build a sloop, went to lawless, build a tramp freighter and rushed faster than the wind to the north pole to settle somewhere in the cold. I found a decent spot on an thundra island with only some farm bases of large companies around and they left some shore free without armored docks and parked common gallys. It was pretty safe there, i tamed some bears and farmed a little.

As you said I started with 2 basic shipyards and build  a cog and a freigther as base there. Logged off for two days and all is destroyed... shipyards HP is maybe enough in Rookie Cove, but not on the north pole^^ Instead of my ship and the yards that protected it there are now some armored docks to block the shore xD. Of course I did expect this and I did not bother to level more than 35 and did not really farmed there. Just had a nice metal farm around where i could steal 10k iron and silver 🙂 maybe may Cog was to atractive with the red weight symbol, all those crafting stations and 5 bears on it^^ So you better let it look like nobody is there.

So this tactic is basicaly over once somebody decides to destroy it. Most likely you need only about 200 cannon balls for this with a common cannon.

Armored Docks are the safe base of course as you can park a ship inside which is protected, also NPCs and Tames can't be killed or hurt on this protected ships.

Gold collecting is now more difficult as they changed the treasure maps and you now have to go through portals again for the maps 1k+. Otherwise you can use the tramp freighter to be very fast with your journey.

Yes its not a perfect strategy.  But it can help.  It is PvP afterall if things were completely indestructible then it would be called PvE.

I find that underwater stone houses work best for securing blueprints, etc.  Even if someone does find one of them its very difficult to destroy.