Drumsin

Why isn't Grapeshot doing their job and maintaining the Wiki?

5 hours ago, Drumsin said:

How do you expect players to figure this stuff out in the game? A lot of what I have learned is by word of mouth, and a lot of the time it is, "I don't know" responses.

Even a Google search doesn't produce much. PlayAtlas subreddit, Steam Discussion. A lot of it is outdated or no replies to questions on how things work.

If someone from Grapeshot could reply on why they aren't maintaining a Wiki with what they are developing? You would think that if they cared about what they are working on, and they want players to enjoy the game they would have something current and up to date?

First thing you need to know is that devs do not come here and they definitely do not answer anything on here. That is a very important lesson for you.

next, the reason things are outdated is because the playerbase has dropped so low that nobody bothers taking the time to update and new info.

third, they change the map every few months so any info out there will be wrong, which is also why nobody bothers to update info. 

lastly, things won’t change. It will be this way forever. The playerbase hasn’t stopped dropping since laugh 3 years ago. 

10 hours ago, Drumsin said:

How do you expect players to figure this stuff out in the game? A lot of what I have learned is by word of mouth, and a lot of the time it is, "I don't know" responses.

Even a Google search doesn't produce much. PlayAtlas subreddit, Steam Discussion. A lot of it is outdated or no replies to questions on how things work.

If someone from Grapeshot could reply on why they aren't maintaining a Wiki with what they are developing? You would think that if they cared about what they are working on, and they want players to enjoy the game they would have something current and up to date?

The official Wiki is dead, but lots of information are stil correct there, at least if you want to find out names of resources.

If you need an accurate map with tames and resources for each island check out this one:

https://atlas.antihax.net/

If you need a taming and breeding calculator you may use this one:

https://globy.dev/statCalc

This game is a surival game so it's about making discoverys and learning by doing. You can spent lots of time figure out things. If you want to get the fast way to learn the game go on PvP Server and try to get into large companys with expirienced players. They will teach you tricks, bugs, exploits etc. You just need to be a trustable person and have fun playing with them.

On PVE Server there are lots of players starting new or have not much expirience so it's most likely you will not find good answers there. But with some luck you may meet some expirienced guys like me who are testing new updates etc.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Drumsin said:

Do you follow the devs around look at their internet activity? They don't have to post to see what the community is saying. Do you look at the devs internet activity? That is a very important lesson for you.

I don't care about player base numbers. Grapeshot should be the ones updating the info - not the player base

I'm not about talking about maps you crazy monkey! I'm talking about leveling, percentages in skill to crafting blueprints, the finer details that are not documented anywhere.

Terrible answers from you @George of the jungle. Why you acting like the director of the company?

I'm not taking this information.

It really doesn’t matter what you take or think to be honest. I gave you the truth. You just didn’t like it. 

On 1/14/2022 at 8:27 PM, Drumsin said:

Their job is to produce a game, not update a wiki so you can learn the finer points by reading them and not experiencing them. 

On 1/18/2022 at 11:16 AM, Indywoodtiger said:

Their job is to produce a game, not update a wiki so you can learn the finer points by reading them and not experiencing them. 

Maybe they should do that job then. Since every product they have ever released had been held together by duct tape and prayers

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 11:27 AM, George of the jungle said:

It really doesn’t matter what you take or think to be honest. I gave you the truth. You just didn’t like it. 

Everyone has their own truths and none of them are the same.  There is something to think about George.

As Nacona informed us the Wiki is maintained by players.  Anyone who has the time can create an account and start updating it if they want.

11 hours ago, RedLeg said:

Everyone has their own truths and none of them are the same.  There is something to think about George.

As Nacona informed us the Wiki is maintained by players.  Anyone who has the time can create an account and start updating it if they want.

Their own truth? Lol nah, there are opinions and then the truth. 

the point in this topic being it is no wonder the devs don’t do it because they don’t even do their jobs with the game and break something every time they do anything. These guys really suck at their jobs. It’s pretty pathetic.