Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

So, just playing on the Atlas official server. Pretty neat! Pulled in a few crates and feeling pretty good. Landed on an island. Well, a heatwave happened and the game crashed. Ok, cool. Well I restart and get greeted with a "you died!" message. Meaning I lost all the stuff I had, my raft, and now have to respawn at my my bed where I can't build a new ship or a freehold and waste an hour or more traveling back.

In no way I think this is needlessly punishing or pointless and definitely makes the game far more fun. Paying $30 for work and frustration is a great deal, a great deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iconic.havoc@gmail.com said:

So, just playing on the Atlas official server. Pretty neat! Pulled in a few crates and feeling pretty good. Landed on an island. Well, a heatwave happened and the game crashed. Ok, cool. Well I restart and get greeted with a "you died!" message. Meaning I lost all the stuff I had, my raft, and now have to respawn at my my bed where I can't build a new ship or a freehold and waste an hour or more traveling back.

In no way I think this is needlessly punishing or pointless and definitely makes the game far more fun. Paying $30 for work and frustration is a great deal, a great deal.

Yeah, the devs suck big time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happened to me many times in this game.  Fortunately it hasn't happened to me in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2022 at 3:04 AM, iconic.havoc@gmail.com said:

So, just playing on the Atlas official server. Pretty neat! Pulled in a few crates and feeling pretty good. Landed on an island. Well, a heatwave happened and the game crashed. Ok, cool. Well I restart and get greeted with a "you died!" message. Meaning I lost all the stuff I had, my raft, and now have to respawn at my my bed where I can't build a new ship or a freehold and waste an hour or more traveling back.

In no way I think this is needlessly punishing or pointless and definitely makes the game far more fun. Paying $30 for work and frustration is a great deal, a great deal.

This is bad luck if your bed on the raft got destroyed while you restart the game. There is a reason this game is a survival game. THe beginning is realy harsh if you realy try to survive. After some time so you will learn to die and respawn, just make sure you have beds around. If you are crazy like me you try to not die and keep your food and vitamine in balance just for the fun of doing survival.

If heat waves are an issue for you, now you can build a wonder to get permanent +20 fortitude buff. But just to let you know i even don't know after ~3000 hours Atlas how much fortitude you need to survive a heat wave with +50°C. But i play in Africa region now in Desert and I did not die there due to heat yet. I skilled 10 points in fortitude and wear the basic clothes for best heat protection. If you wear leather or plate armor you have more issues. Jump in the water and make you wet and build a shelter to stand under and wait the heat wave to end if it's going to kill you. With vitamin buff you have additional +20 fortitude. But i have 200 HP skilled so I can withstand  the double amount of damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nacona said:

This is bad luck if your bed on the raft got destroyed while you restart the game. There is a reason this game is a survival game. THe beginning is realy harsh if you realy try to survive. After some time so you will learn to die and respawn, just make sure you have beds around. If you are crazy like me you try to not die and keep your food and vitamine in balance just for the fun of doing survival.

If heat waves are an issue for you, now you can build a wonder to get permanent +20 fortitude buff. But just to let you know i even don't know after ~3000 hours Atlas how much fortitude you need to survive a heat wave with +50°C. But i play in Africa region now in Desert and I did not die there due to heat yet. I skilled 10 points in fortitude and wear the basic clothes for best heat protection. If you wear leather or plate armor you have more issues. Jump in the water and make you wet and build a shelter to stand under and wait the heat wave to end if it's going to kill you. With vitamin buff you have additional +20 fortitude. But i have 200 HP skilled so I can withstand  the double amount of damage.

Yeah that's pretty useless. The mechanic is completely broken. Anything done to mitigate heat does not work.

Devs should be working on dealing with all the stability issues instead of releasing new things to build.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, iconic.havoc@gmail.com said:

Yeah that's pretty useless. The mechanic is completely broken. Anything done to mitigate heat does not work.

Devs should be working on dealing with all the stability issues instead of releasing new things to build.

I can’t disagree 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick reminder. Some douche streamer comes on and all of a sudden everything negative gets “hidden”. 
 

way to prove us right. That was pathetic, and you should feel shame very day for the entirety of your existence 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...