Sign in to follow this  
Reece456

"Ocean" Loading Screen Issue

I have just downloaded Atlas on PC. But my game crashed on "Ocean" on the loading screen. I have moved the title file and that didn't work. Any ideas on a fix ?

34 minutes ago, Reece456 said:

I have just downloaded Atlas on PC. But my game crashed on "Ocean" on the loading screen. I have moved the title file and that didn't work. Any ideas on a fix ?

That should be a red flag for you buddy. You still have time for the refund. If you wait then you won’t be able to. That will be a reoccurring thing as well as many other bugs. There is a reason hardly anybody plays it anymore.

i moved over from Xbox. It just doesnt load past "ocean" i really want to play. this game is good

16 hours ago, Reece456 said:

i moved over from Xbox. It just doesnt load past "ocean" i really want to play. this game is good

This loading issues is new for me. Usually the loading stucks at Primal_Game_Data_BP... if you get past it to Ocean16 you are usually fine and getting into the game. Is this before you create your pathfinder? Or you have already a Pathfinder and it crashed in game? You may not use the "rejoin" function and go to manual server join. You can join any rookie cave server and it will redirect you to the server where you crashed.

I had long time issues with maybe my internet provider, i was only able to log in on official servers if I used a VPN connection. After i changed my home and have now a different provider I don't need this trick anymore, some think it could also be an issue if you use WLAN. I use WLAN and most time it works... maybe the VPN changes this as well as windows than shows wire connection instead.

If you have low memory <=8gb(old or low budget PC) you should use the low memory mode in steam or maybe delete the loading screen movie somewhere in the safe folders. Atlas is purely optimized and you need a quite decent PC to play it.

You can repair your game data via steam. If this does not work you may delete some files to let the repair start the download again.

Check if you can join single player server? Than test official PVE and PvP and maybe some private server. It can be issues that occure only on official Atlas servers(like my VPN - Primal Game Data BP issue - sometimes on PVE server, always on PvP for example)