Gavin1204

Xbox series s

What console are you on?

im on a series S and last night it became fully unplayable. Kicks me out as soon as I get in for the 1 in 100 attempts to connect.

three mates who I’m playing with all on series X with no issue. Saw something about a memory leak issue on series s but can’t find the original message.

Ahh just seen the topic name. Yeah okay. Game is screwed and unplayable on series S. brilliant. No wonder it was on sale 😂 

Game kinda sucks they just don't care about the performance old devs somehow they had crashing significantly less than now

On 1/15/2022 at 6:25 PM, Gavin1204 said:

Game kinda sucks they just don't care about the performance old devs somehow they had crashing significantly less than now

I play since Season 3 on PC and I grouped up with a bunch of Xbox One Players back in 2019. They where so happy that I was always able to rescue them if their game crashed permanently (PvP Server)... because i could kill them sleeping or carry their body away from our base or harbor. I needed 1 minute to drive out a ship for them... if they  where lucky they could do it in 20-30 minutes without sinking the ship lol. They all left the game or switched to PC.

Xbox was barely playable on PVE server with less structures and ships in render range. On PvP Server we claimed additional islands for the Xbox Players with reduced structures and defence and only 3-4 ships that they could play with only rubber banding movement and not a new screen after 30-50 seconds.

As far I know the Series S is not even better than the One X so you need more performance and only way is to get a Series X. The Devs shouldn't even think about programming the game for low Xbox One or Series S. That's very rude from me to say it but it's the only solution that can work. I am not happpy with this because you pay more than triple the costs of the PC Players but the game is even not optimized for High End PCs. They need to fix bugs.... while they mostly add new stuff.Besides that they have to programm now 4 Xbox Versions for 4 different Xbox....

Edit: This post is not against the Xbox Players that I guess are more than 50% of the Playerbase of Atlas. Or other said i would expect to have about 50-80% of the PVE Players using Xbox... on PvP it's probably less than 10%, because you can't compete by any means due to technical restrictions of your hardware. Remeber a Series S is a hardware for <300€ .. a Series X for ~600-700€. If you buy a PC to play Atlas you have to pay minimum ~1200€ for low/medium requirements or much more if you buy a new graphics card with the high sales price right now.

Edited by Nacona